Monday, August 1, 2016

insta-recap: haute christmas in july



Throughout the last month I've had a ridiculous amount of fun participating in the instagram style challenge #hautechristmasinjuly. Pretty much a much a sucker for anything Christmas, it was fun to have a little holiday spirit without being all out CHRISTMAS. Hosted by the haute and wearwhatwhere groups, each week incorporated an overall theme as well as a daily prompts, which could be interpretted any way you wished.

By far my favorite style challenge I've participated in so far, it definitely inspired some great outfits and challenged me to come up with some fun instagram posts!


Since I didn't start the challenge until July 6, I went back and took photos for the first five prompts. That still (kinda) counts, right? Instead of showing all the photos (and creating the world's longest post), here are few snaps my favorites from the week:


day 1: festival of brights  //  tied up in a bow

Just can't get over these bows... (exact rain boots)


day 5: festival of brights  //  five golden rings

Quite possibly the most intricate DIY mani ever and a few of my favorite rings.

(similar thumb ring, exact chevron ring, similar starfish ring, exact flamingo scarf)

day 6: festival of brights  //  all about that lace

The post that started the series. Original on instagram and blog post

(similar lace top, exact skirt in cobalt or black, exact sandals, exact purse in watermelon pink, similar necklace, exact earrings, exact cuff, exact bracelet, exact watch in rose gold)

day 9: festival of brights  //  FRUITcake

Nothing says fruit like watermelon sneakers in a bright pink hue. DIY post here.


Week two was all about pretty pastels with a few nautical nods. A few of my favorites from the week include:

day 14:  'tis the season  //  boutique chic

Both of these Bourbon and Bowetie bracelets were purchased from local boutique, plus super proud of my insta-self photo skills, even if I didn't realize until afterwards that my watch was a day off. Opps. Original on instagram

(same style watch, exact pearl bracelet, similar aqua bracelet, exact necklace, kimono made by me, similar tee, nearly identical white jeans, exact sandals)


day 15: 'tis the sea-sun  //  fancy flats

All my favorite ladies in a pretty little circle. Original on instagram. 
 
(similar pink flats, similar nude flats, similar glitter flats, exact mint flats, exact bow flats, similar leopard flats)

day 16: 'tis the season  //  naughTEE or nice

All kinds of nautical preppiness. Original on instagram. 

(exact tee, exact blush jeans, exact stripe tennis shoes, same style watch, similar aqua bracelet)


Week three was my favorite theme and prompts. Here's a closer look at a few of my favorites:

day 19: north pole neutrals  //  white christmas

My favorite look from this challenge, and quite possibly my favorite outfit I've worn on the blog. Original on instagram and blog post.

(similar dress, exact blazer, exact pumps, exact necklace, exact earrings, same style watch, exact bracelet)


day 20:  north pole neutrals  //  champagne and cognac

I'm not brave enough to wear sequins to work on a random Wednesday, but I can't wait to wear this in real-life during the holiday season! Seriously, the most perfect New Years outfit. :) Original on instagram.

(exact shirt, exact necklace, exact clutch, exact earrings, similar watch, exact pave link bracelet, similar cuff, similar pumps)


day 21: north pole neutrals  //  spin or twin

Outfit twins with the lovely Mariah. Original on instagram and blog post.

(exact dress, similar sandals, exact necklace, exact earrings, same style watch, exact pave link bracelet, exact pearl bracelet)

Apparently my most wonderful time of the year features a lot of bag selfies. Here a few of my favorite snaps from the week:

day 26: the most wonderful time of the year  //  mistle-toes

Pretty toes and pretty sandals. Original on instagram.

(exact dress, exact sandals, exact necklace, exact purse in watermelon pink)


day 27: the most wonderful time of the year  // very merry metallics

All the bling please (but most especially that coffee mug - swoon!) Original on instagram.

(exact travel mug, exact shirt, nearly identical jeans, exact sandals, exact necklace, similar watch, exact pearl bracelet, similar cuff, exact purse in watermelon pink)

And that's a wrap! Seriously, such a fun challenge. Now I'm almost kind of wishing it was the holiday season. Only 145 more days 'til Christmas...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I've loved seeing your posts on these prompts all month! Lots of fun ones, and you've had some gorgeous outfits and photos. The flats in a circle made me swoon a little :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun taking that flats in a circle photo! Though I think my husband thought I was nuts for taking a dozen photos of my shoes. :)

      Delete