Friday, July 15, 2016

weekend casual


This is pretty much my summer weekend uniform: shorts, tee, sandals. DONE. I'm just not comfortable - and never have been - with short shorts on me, so I'm always excited to find a pair that doesn't look too much like mom shorts. The color, and the fact that they aren't knee-length, help.

So, not the most exciting outfit, but I did throw on a bracelet to show that I at least put the tiniest bit of effort into it. We've gotten to that part in the summer where it's so hot and muggy, all you can do is wear as little clothes a possible (and decent) if you're going to be outside for any period of time. Even first thing in the morning I'm pouring sweat. Needless to say, outfit photos have been interesting as of late.

It's hard to get excited about clothes when you know you're just going to be hot and miserable all day, but I keep reminding myself it's really only July and August that are the worst months of heat in Florida. In the mean time I'm going to think cool thoughts and daydream about October...

tee: Target (similar) last seen here
shorts: Loft (exact in other colors) last seen here
sandals: American Eagle (exact) last seen here
watch: Fossil (exact with a different face)
bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)
earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of how cute those shorts are on you! I tried them on but they looked so dorky on me. I'm not a fan of short-shorts either. I have 2 pairs from J Crew Factory that are cute & not too short (Frankie, maybe?). Anyway, I continue to enjoy your blog & love all the great outfits you share. I also am desperately missing the beach this summer so I think it's great that you live in Panama City! My family usually visits the Perdido Key or Orange Beach area but it's all so pretty down there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much! I'm convinced they look pretty dorky on me as well, but oh well, I'm wearing them anyway. :) Panama City Beach is pretty great, I live about a mile for the beach, so it's nice to be able to get a beach walk in now and then!

      Delete