Thursday, July 21, 2016

then & now: white lace dress


In honor of #throwbackthursday, I thought it would be fun to show you my most recent take on this pretty lace dress. Originally, I wore it almost a year ago with fun leopard pumps and bright coral blazer. As you can see, I wore it pretty much the exact same way this time around, just with a different color blazer and pumps. A few small changes, but I like this recent styling so much better! The blazer is more proportional with the dress and the seersucker stripes give it a fun, summery vibe. And maybe it's just me, but I think the blue suits my coloring a bit better. Or maybe it's improved picture-taking. :)

I still like the first look, but it's fun to see an evolution in style through blogging. (Almost) everyday pictures mean I can easily see what works - and what doesn't! (For example, my take on a purple dress a year ago and now.)

blazer: J. Crew Factory (exactlast worn here
shoes: Loft (exact - now 60% off!)
necklace: Kendra Scott (exact) last worn here
earrings: Stella & Dot (exact) last worn here
watch: Fossil (exact in rose gold)
bracelet: Bourbon & Boweties (exact)



I've only worn this dress in the summer, but now I'm kind of obsessed with finding a way to tyle it for the fall. Maybe something like this look with booties and chambray?  

//   Sharing on Summer Style Linkup with Mix Match Fashion and Fabulous Friday with A Pocketful of Polka Dots.   //

6 comments:

  1. What a fun post. You look fabulous!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally a fan of your style! You're rocking this white lace dress :)

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you! I'd like to think of my style as a work in progress, there's always room for improvement. :)

      Delete
  3. One can do so much with a lace fitted white sheath as you show us here too. I have also worn mine for Winter with a hounbdstooth blazer and OTK boots and for Fall too. I really like both these outfits: fresh, polished and clean.


    Welcome by and linkup with my newest Thursday Moda linkup. Come join me every Thursday and share your awesome style. Thanks and enjoy your weekend! Ada. =)

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/07/thursday-moda-22-and-throwback-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of a lace dress with riding boots and blazer! I'll have to try that, thanks for the suggestion. :)

      Delete