Wednesday, July 20, 2016

teal midi and lace


Some days all I want to do is slouch around in the comfiest of clothes (preferably pajamas), and other days I feel like getting my fancy on.

The day I wore this, I overslept and didn't wash my hair, threw on this skirt because it was already hanging on the back of my closet door, remembered this top I've had for aaaaages but never remember to wear, tossed on a bunch of accessories and added and extra swipe of blush and voilĂ  I look all pretty and polished and like I actually put effort into things when it real life it was just serendipitous. So I guess that make this last-minute fancy? Eh, I'll take it. :)

Also serendipitous that I correctly dressed for day six of the Christmas in July style challenge #hautechristmasinjuly "All About that Lace." Though I was a few days late to the insta-party, I've been having so much fun putting together all kinds of seasonal-inspired outfits. There are still a few challenges left for this week's North Pole Neutrals - and all next week's challenges - so it's not too late join the fun!

top: Loft (similar)
skirt: J. Crew Factory (exact in cobalt or black) last seen here
sandals: J. Crew Factory (exact) last seen here
purse: Kate Spade (exact in watermelon pink) last seen here
necklace: Loft (pretty alternative) last seen here
earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
bracelet: Hope Loren (exact) and J. Crew Factory (exact)
watch: Fossil (exact in rose gold)


//  Sharing on The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! Very elegant with the up-do - can't even tell that it was a no-wash day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my gosh, dry shampoo is seriously the best. Not sure how I survived with out it for so long - especially in sticky, humid Florida. I'm still kinda impressed with my own self - my impromptu outfits never usually turn out so well!

      Delete
  2. Wow! This teal midi skirt is to die for! So love it with the lace top and the tote :)

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been seriously obsessed with midi skirts lately. They're just perfect for work. :)

      Delete