Wednesday, July 27, 2016

striped shirt and red flats


The past few weeks have been especially busy, which is why I've been a bit behind on my posts. Speaking of things that I don't have enough time for, how do ya'll keep up with social media and blogging? I've been pretty good about posting on Instagram - participating in style challenges really help with that - but I'm not so great about updating Facebook and Twitter - not to mention Snapchat. And it's been months since I've pinned one of my outfit posts to my Pinterest board. Yikes. I mean, for goodness sake, my real-life job involves marketing and social media but yet I can't seem to get it together for this space. Lately it's been hard enough to carve the time to put together a post, much less to push it out on social media. I know there's Hootsuite, but I don't feel like this space has gotten to the place where I want to spend $9.99 a month of that kind of service. All suggests and advice are greatly appreciated and encouraged!

Going with the social media theme of this post, this outfit was actually inspired by the #HauteChristmasinJuly style challenge! The theme was "Santa Claus-et Favorites" and this striped tee and these pencil pants are definitely two of my wardrobe staples. Plus red flats, because they seem festive without looking out of place in the middle of July. :)

top: Boden (exact)
cardigan: Banana Republic (similar)
pants: The Limited (exact)
shoes: Target (similar)
necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
watch: Fossil (exact style with a different face)
bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)
earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)
ring: Kendra Scott (pretty alternative)


//  Sharing on What I Wore.  //

6 comments:

  1. I love those red flats! So Fun!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I snagged them from Target a couple of years ago and they remain some of my favorites, they're so comfortable!

      Delete
  2. I actually grabbed some red flats yesterday to go with a black and white outfit. But I changed my mind and put them back in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...maybe next time you'll pull them out! I love a pop of color with a black and white outfit. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this look and how the red flats make it so much fun! I know what you mean--it's so hard to keep up with everything when it comes to social media and blogging. It can take over your schedule if you let it!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really can. I have to remind myself that I'm doing this for fun, it's a hobby. My family and real-life work always comes first.

      Delete