Thursday, July 7, 2016

polka dot dress


I have a spot in my closet - specifically the hook on the back of the closet door - that's dripping with clothes I have good intentions of taking to the tailor or fixing myself, but mostly they just hang there, getting dusty and making me feel all guilty. Surely I'm not the only one? This dress is one of those victims, sitting in closet limbo waiting for me to rescue it by lengthening the hem or return it. After staring at it for weeks, debating if I was going to keep it or not, adjust it or not, I finally just threw it on and hoped for this best. And hey, in these photos it's deceptively not so bad - but when I bent down to put my kiddo's shoes on, it hiked right up to my underpants, which my husband might have enjoyed, but I will assume the general public would not. (At least it happened at home and not in public!) So, I'm definitely going to have to let down the hem before I wear it again. I personally prefer my skirts knee-length or longer, and I'd love to try this dress with a belt (which soooo isn't happening in it's current state).

Also, in full confession mode, it took about three different attempts (in the same day) to get these photos, which ended with me grumpily snapping at my husband "why can't you get it right?!?" I wanted the crape myrtles in the background, but when he took them they just disappeared. When I set the camera up it looked one way and when he stood in the exact same place and took photos it looked completely different. It took three tries to realize, well, duh, difference in height. He's a good seven inches taller than me, and perspective really makes all the difference. Such a silly thing to get upset over, especially since he was being sweet enough to take the photos, but I was soooo irritated all the same. (I'm going to blame it partly on the bone-melting heat and partly on me being irrational.) So these are pictures of a hot a sweaty Erin in a short dress with a short temper. :)

Dress: J. Crew Factory (exact in a different pattern, aqua polka dot option)
Sandals: Target (similar)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact in rose gold)
Bracelets: Midnight Girls (similar round crystal) and Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)


6 comments:

  1. We are shoe twins! For Target sandals, I can't believe how comfy they are and well they're holding up to me wearing them every. single. day. that I'm not dressed up for work. Love your outfit!! Shift dresses are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really impressed with how well mine have held up as well! Love Target's sandals. :)

      Delete
  2. You look great & the new haircut suits you well! I'm glad to see this dress on a real person. It's cute but the length issue would prevent me from wearing it too. I'm a huge Factory fan but some of their dresses & skirts are just too short for the real world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, J. Crew Factory's skirts and dresses do run short! Im definitely going to let out the hem before I wear this dress again. :)

      Delete
  3. This dress is SO CUTE! I love that the polka dots aren't all perfectly spaced and lined up (if that makes sense). Makes it more fun! I love those sandals too! I remember wanting them so badly last year (and still wanting them now...ha!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out the J. Crew Factory sandals I linked - they're very similar. :) Thanks for the compliments, I've yet to find a polka dot I didn't like!

      Delete