Wednesday, July 6, 2016

currently


currently I am...

toasting: marshmallows. Though, I suspect this was meant to be a different type of toasting prompt, s'mores are the most recently thing I have literally toasted. :) We made them for Father's Day a few weeks ago.

going: to the beach! Monday night we went to the pier right by our house for fireworks. This year there were three shows - at two piers and a hotels - that we could see simultaneously.

smelling: crape myrtles and all the other pretty flowers in bloom right now. Maybe it's just me, but I think they smell a bit like lilacs...

wearing: midi skirts, which probably comes as no surprise since I've been wearing them on the blog like crazy (I'm even wearing one today)!

wishlisting: a new camera. I currently have a Canon Rebel T3 and would love to upgrade to a T5i which has improved functionality - and not mention the ability to use a remote - which would help tremendously in taking my own photos for the blog. My office uses a T5i (pictured above) and it's great!

Sharing with Anne and Jenna for Currently. Each month features a series of prompts that may be interpreted any way you wish.

6 comments:

  1. I love your graphic you put together! Sounds like you had a really cool fireworks show to celebrate the 4th. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! It's a few iPhone photos and Photoshop magic. :) The floral graphic is from freepik.com. They have a ton of great vector and stock images!

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with toasting marshmallows--sounds delicious to me! And now I'm craving s'mores... I have a new lens (50mm) for my camera on my wishlist as well. I hope you had fun at the beach!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 50mm lens on my wishlist after I irreparably broke mine several weeks ago while trying to juggle too much stuff and get the kiddo out of the car seat at the same time. I really miss it! :( A photographer friend of mine suggested using an 85 mm lens, but they're pricey!

      Delete
  3. Yes, the remote/tripod thing can come in handy for blog photos... I have way less weird expressions on the face when I take my own instead of having my husband do them :) And I was wishing that my "toasting" answer was marshmallows - I've been craving a good s'more lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were super tasty. Though probably better in the fall when it's not a million degrees outside + fire = sweaty mess.

      I used to take all my own photos and felt soooo awkward when Matt first started taking them. Now I've gotten so used to it, and him telling me if I look silly or if my necklace is flipped or something else askew, that it's weird to take them myself. I guess it's whatever you get used to? But I hate imposing on him all the time. :)

      Delete