Monday, June 6, 2016

What's in My (carry-on) bag?


It's been awhile since I've done a "What's in my bag?" post, so I thought it would be fun to share what I brought in my carry-on for my trip to Michigan. Do I get bonus points that it's in Wolverine blue?

I recently picked up this crossbody hobo from Stella & Dot while on sale - sad it's temporarily sold out - it was the perfect size for all the odds and ends I wanted to bring on the trip, but not throw in my suitcase. Southwest is generous and allows for two carry-ons, one bag and one personal item like a laptop or purse, so I used this as my "purse" and was still able to bring a bag dedicated to toddler distraction.

As, you can see, I was able to comfortably stuff quite a bit in this bag - everything from an iPad, to a book, to my makeup.

Aaannnnd...here's everything all spread out: iPad, phone battery backup, clutch/wallet, book, sunglasses, regular glasses, umbrella, hairbrush and hair ties, makeup bag, gum, travel lotion, oil blotting sheets and my cell phone.

A book and iPad might seem unnecessary since I could just read a book on the tablet, but the iPad was really for the kiddo to watch on the plane. I loaded it up with Curious George and Sofia the First episodes and toddler-friendly games and apps. The phone battery backup is nice to have so you don't have to worry about running out of juice halfway though the day. One of my quirks is that I don't like to put my makeup in my checked bag - part in fear that my bag with get lost and I'll be makeup-less and part worry that it'll explode into a hot mess in my bag. I also threw in a brush and extra hair ties to smooth my mane, gum for smelly airplane breath, and oil blotting sheets for my oily nose. Before the trip, the weather seemed to be changing daily, promising rain one day then changing it's mind and deciding to be sunny - no rainy - so I added the umbrella just in case. I also added some Tums and Tylenol and both my sunglasses and regular glasses. Not pictured, all the cords to my gadgets.

Couldn't resist a snap of my new sunglasses. Aren't they pretty? And best of all they're prescription so I can actually see out of them!

I always like to know what's in people's beauty bag, so here's a peek into mine. :) While I have the full tartelette palette in bloom clay, it was a little large for travel, so this little tease palette was a perfect compromise!

I also got this adorable little clutch when I bought the tote. While they're not exactly meant to go together, I think they coordinate perfectly and the clutch is small enough to function as a wallet, yet big enough to carry as a purse. It was perfect for those days I didn't want to lug the bigger bag around! It's worth noting that you can buy a detachable chain that can also be worn as a necklace. Looking back I should have picked it up as well so I could have an over-the-shoulder-clutch option. Next time.

I'm looking forward to carrying this bag a lot in the future...guess that means I need to plan another vacation. :) For this trip, I used it as a crossbody but the straps adjust into an over-the-shoulder bag for everyday use. And if you're wondering, the toddler carry-on wasn't nearly so orderly, but that's perhaps a post for another time.

4 comments:

  1. I love "what's in my bag" posts and this travel one is even more fun. Definitely the perfect bag for travel, and definitely yes to loading up an iPad for the kiddo so you can do a little reading of your own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, that iPad was a lifesaver! I think I did more reading on the plane than I've gotten to do in months. Totally worth it. :)

      Delete
  2. So, so fun! Looks like you have it covered! The clutch is adorable!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I love the embroidery, it just really makes the clutch!

      Delete