Sunday, June 19, 2016

Thoughts and Whatnots 6.19.16

Pink pants:  one  |  two  |  three

Blog Love:

On Teal and Polka Dots:

Favorite Sales:

Personal
  • What I'm reading: I decided to try "Gone with a Handsomer Man" by Michael Lee West after reading her writing style is similar to Janet Evanovich. I haven't gotten too far into it, but so far it's okay, but I'm not 100% sold on it. We'll see...
  • What I'm watching: Somehow I stumbled onto the "Irish People Try" series on YouTube - so funny! So far I think the southern foods and unusual cupcakes are my favorites.
  • What I'm crushing on: Pom pom/tassel everything! This little pom pom embellished straw clutch is so cute, and this (expensive - but so amazing) embroidered blue ivory kimono would be perfect for casual Saturdays and I'm convinced these striped pom pom curtains would look fantastic in my living room!
  • What I'm looking forward to: Today's Father's Day adventures! Inspired by Cait, I've come up with a "Let's Be Kids Again" day adventure including lots of Matt's favorite childhood things (beach, biking, food, etc.) Happy Father's Day to all the dads! :)

7 comments:

  1. Paige's post makes me wish I had taken a before and after of my bedroom! I'm not sure I would've been comfortable sharing the before since it was such a mess, but I'm so excited with how it looks now. I'm over the moon excited.
    PS you inspired me to get the micro-pleated midi skirt! It popped back in my size in the lilac color you have. Now I need to find that post and get some style inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan, It's such a great feeling to get rid of unnecessary clutter isn't it?! I've been loving coming home to a family room with less junk and it's so much easier to keep straightened up. Just wait until you see my kids' rooms and our basement - talk about embarrassing! Those areas are so daunting I'm tackling the rest of the list first and putting them off. Thanks for checking it out! :)
      Paige

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, that sounds like my bedroom...it's a disaster right now. It's become the catch-all for everything in the house.

      So glad you got the skirt. I love it, it's super fun to wear!

      Delete
  2. Erin, Thanks so much for the shout out! I have made so much progress, but still have my toughest areas looming (basically anything involving kid stuff)! :) And I LOVE the way you styled the tee - the white jeans and sandals and that amazing bag is my favorite.
    xo,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super impressed with all of your progress. I've really got to tackle my house and do some serious decluttering. Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
  3. Aw, thanks! And though I don't tend to have too much of a clutter problem, I still get really jazzed by seeing stuff like that. I think I need to go purge/organize a closet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I'm the opposite of neat and organized. I go with the chaos is the product of a creative mind, but really it's just stressful. Time to organize!

      Delete