Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Cut

As much as I loved my longer hair, it had gotten damaged to the point where it was time for "the cut."


Have you seen the SNL baby shower skit where a mom-to-be learns about "the cut," the haircut that all moms eventually get? Oh, my, gosh so hilarious. If it you haven't - or you just want to watch it again - it's below. Go, on. Watch it, you'll thank me I promise. :)


I'd like to think my new haircut is not a "soft waterfall in the front and knives in the back" but it is short, for me at least. It's a bit hard to tell in these photos since it's windy, but I had about 4" cut off and it now hits just below the shoulder. Overall, I think it's not too bad for summer, though I haven't quite figured out how to style it yet. It's straight today and I'm convinced it looks a bit like helmet head.(Don't worry, photos soon to come...)

Short hair is fun, but serious #hairgoals to get this mane under control and healthy again, because I'm already missing my luscious locks from just over a year ago. I cut it then because I was tired of the kiddo trying to yank it out of my head and because postpartum hair fallout is a very, very real thing. I finally got it under control, but my doctor believes the stress of my December week-long hospital stay (and daily stress) have caused a second crazy fallout. Good times. It's finally calmed down again, but it looked so thin, I had to do something with it. Hence, the cut. Ya'll promise to slap me if I start sporting a 'do that "looks like you were going to a formal event but on the way were struck by lightning." 'Cause I may be a mom, but I refuse to rock the mom-cut. :)

Top: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Pants: Loft (fun coral option)
Sandals: Loft (very similar)
Bag: Stella & Dot (exact)
Necklace: Stella & Dot (exact)
Watch: Target (exact)
Bracelets: Kendra Scott cuff (similar) and SageKandCo (designer dupedesigner original)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)


//  Sharing on The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //

Shop the post:

8 comments:

  1. Haha, I do love that post. And your cut is totally not that! I think the length is fresh and fun. But I totally understand it taking a few days to figure it all out... my mom and I call it "hair shock". Always happens that your hair just doesn't quite know what to do with itself for the first few days after a cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, not yet, but no shorter for me! You're right about hair shock, finally, today my hair is starting to behave. Funny how it does that...

      Delete
  2. Post partum hair fall out is no joke! Clogged drains and a furry bathroom floor...every single day. I am experiencing my summer shed right now and it's equally annoying! Your hair looks adorable and I find that my thickens back up in the fall (although my hair is crazy super thick anyway). Very cute outfit, too. I love the chambray top with the colored pants!

    Come check out my new On the Edge of the Week Link Up starting tomorrow and every Friday!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post partum hair fall out is the worst. I'm glad mine's finally calming down, but dang I miss my pregnancy hair - that was some amazing stuff! I'll be sure to check out the linkup. :)

      Delete
  3. OMG that video. I hadn't seen it yet - so funny!!! And love your haircut - its nothing like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't stop laughing the first time I watched it. Thankfully I haven't reach "the cut" hair status yet...but no shorter for me! lol

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks great! I love the cut!

    ReplyDelete