Thursday, June 23, 2016

pin to present: mason jar gift card holders

The kiddo recently moved into the two-year-old room at daycare, and I wanted to do a little something as a thank you for the teachers in her previous room. I so greatly appreciate those lovely ladies, how wonderful they've been with her, and for practically helping me raise my child so I can work and help support my family. My first stop was to check out Pinterest for a ton of adorable ideas and inspiration for the perfect gift.

mason jars pin to present
image source: Something Turquoise

While looking for ideas, I read that most teachers prefer a gift card so they can spend it on anything like as opposed to a chachki that will just collect dust. These diy mason jar gift card and candy holders from Something Turquoise where exactly what I was looking for! Cute, a little gift in itself, plus bonus points for anything that can store chocolate!

I pretty much followed the tutorial exactly, but bought my supplies from different places. The washi tape, quilted jelly jars, metal bows and gift tags are all from Hobby Lobby and the gift cards and sea salt dark chocolate are from Target. The string is just some leftover yarn I had in my stash, but this gold and white baker's twine would have matched perfectly. I added a festive self-adhesive metal gold bow on the top because I saw them while looking for gift tags and just couldn't resist.

I love how they turned out!

pin to present mason jars 1 pin to present mason jars 7 pin to present mason jars 6 pin to present mason jars 5 pin to present mason jars 4 pin to present mason jars 2 pin to present mason jars 3

Have you DIY'd or crafted anything fun lately? I'm excited to announce I am co-hosting the Pin to Present Linkup with Anne next Thursday! Any Pinterest-inspired projects, recipes, outfits, etc. are welcome. I'm sharing my attempts at making my first pinspired dress - can't wait to see what you have to share. 

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! What a cute idea for packaging. I've got tons of unique jars around. I should start using them this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo...you should! They were so easy to make. The hardest part for me was having the patience to let the glue dry overnight (confession: I didn't. :))

      Delete