Friday, June 17, 2016

Out of My Comfort Zone


Awhile back I mentioned having this pair of white jeans for awhile, but lacking the courage to wear them. I finally dusted them off for last month's Third Thursday Threads, and have been wearing them like crazy since then! One of my favorite things about style blogging is being challenged to try something that's out of my comfort zone. More often than not, I'm pretty happy with the results! Before blogging, I'd find one way I liked wearing an outfit and repeat it ad nauseam, eventually getting tired of what's was in my closet because I wasn't remixing. A year ago I would never have dreamed I would be running around in white pants, mainly because I worried they would make be look bottom heavy and I think I read something somewhere that bigger girls shouldn't wear white on their bottom half, but now I can see how short-sighted I was! They really do add to my wardrobe options and they're perfect for spring/summer. My husband told me while we where taking these pictures that these pants are some of his favorites on me, so I'm glad I ditched a bad piece of advice and gave these pants a whirl.

Top: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (current version)
Sandals: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)
Necklace: Etsy (similar)
Watch: Target (exact)
Bracelet: Kendra Scott (similar)

Random side note, I'm so excited I finally got pictures of this shirt! I've actually wore it at least five or six times since buying it last month, but never managed to get photos. Opps.


Other ways I've worn my white jeans:

one  |  two  |  three  |  four

//  Sharing on A Pocketful of Polka Dots for Fabulous Friday and Shelbee on the Edge for On the Edge of the Week.  //

6 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in this! I am so glad you gave these jeans a try because they look great on you. I really like the detail on your shirt and how the blue looks against the white. I have been Obsessed with my white jeans of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've been wearing on the blog like crazy lately. They really do seem to go with everything!

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate to this post! I was wary of white pants for a long time, too, thinking they would not flatter my size 14 butt! But they really do and they are some of my husband's favorites, too! I was also afraid of attracting dirt because every time I did wear white, I was so cautious that I think I drew dirt to myself. Now I wear white with no fear and tend to get less dirty! You look fabulous in these pants and I love white paired with pale blue and nude. So clean and classic and chic!

    Thanks so much for joining my On the Edge of the Week Link up! I look forward to seeing what you will link up next week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I wore these jeans I was afraid to touch ANYTHING. Especially with a toddler in tow, but so far they've held of great and any stains have come right out. Whew!

      Delete
  3. Aww, that's such a sweet comment from your husband. And I agree - glad you gave these a shot, because they suit your style so well and look great on you too! But it's funny how we set these "rules" for ourselves without really evaluating them sometimes. I've had similar ones, like never wearing red because of my hair color, or avoiding certain things for being short. Love the top too! One of my favorite kinds of outfits with white jeans - a top with some fun interesting details and the simple white on bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, all the "rules" can be a drag, can't they? I've been breaking more and more of mine lately - no horizontal striped shirts, no A-line skirts, no white on the bottom half, etc. There's just too many rules. :)

      I think red would like great on you, but I'm kinda the same way about yellow - every time I wear it I'm convinced it matches my hair too much. Silliness.

      Delete