Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mom Style Remix: Graphic Tees

mom style remix graphic tee


Tees are a definite mom-iform staple for me, and I like how a graphic tee adds interest to an otherwise boring outfit. Today I'm featuring one of my favorite graphic tees showcasing one of my favorite books for today's Mom Style Remix: graphic tees. Austen's Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favorite books - it's such a classic - and lends itself well to movie adaption - hello Bridget Jones's Diary - though nothing can top the BBC mini series with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy - swoon.

While I usually reserve my graphic tees for weekend wear, I'm mixing it up a bit with looks for the weekend, work, casual Friday, brunch and date night.

Look # 1: Casual Friday

mom style remix graphic tee two_black jeans
Tee: Out of Print (exact)  |  Jeans: Banana Republic (very similar)  |  Cardigan: J. Crew (exact)  |  Shoes: Latigo Milly (exact)  |  Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  Watch: Fossil (exact style with a different face)  |  Bracelet: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Clutch: Stella & Dot (exact)


I'm fortunate to work in a relatively relaxed environment, so it's pretty easy to get away with a cute graphic tee, a nice pair of black denim and a cardigan on Fridays. I like the print on this tee because the graphic is subtle, which makes it easier to wear to work. 


Look #2: Day Adventure
mom style remix graphic tee two_white jeans Tee: Out of Print (exact)  |   Jeans: American Eagle (current versionexact - I think)  |  Sandals: Loft (very similar)  |  Necklace: Stella and Dot (exact)  |  Bag: Stella and Dot (exact on sale and back in stock!)  |  Earrings: Fossil (similar)  |  Watch: Target (exact)  |  Bracelets: Kendra Scott cuff (similar) and SageKandCo spike (designer dupe, designer original)


I wore this outfit last Wednesday for an impromptu day date adventure. It was the perfect mix of casual, but not sloppy. Despite my earlier reservations, I'm becoming more and more convinced that white jeans are awesome. They go with everything!

Look #3:Date Night
mom style remix graphic tee two_orange midi skirt
Tee: Out of Print (exact)  |   Skirt: J. Crew (exact |  Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Clutch: Clare V. (exact)  |  Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Earrings: Kendra Scott (exact in other colors)  |  Watch: Fossil (exact with a different face)  |  Bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)  |  Ring: Kendra Scott (fun alternative)


It's hard for the husband and I to get out for date night since we don't have a readily available babysitter or family that can watch the little one, but if we were to go a real date, I think this outfit would be super fun! The tee is comfy and playful and the skirt and pearls make it feel more polished. 

Look #4: Brunch
mom style remix graphic tee two_blue maxi skirt
Tee: Out of Print (exact)  |  Skirt: J. Crew Factory (pretty alternative)  |  Sandals: Target (similar)  |  Clutch: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Watch: Fossil (exact with a different face)  |  Bracelet J. Crew Factory (exact)  


I think this would make a lovely brunch outfit. The skirt is so flowy and pretty, and the tee keeps it the look from being too formal. I think I see this outfit and a delicious Saturday brunch in my near future...

Look #5: Weekend Wear
mom style remix graphic tee two_mustard cardigan
Tee: Out of Print (exact)  |  Cardigan: Loft (similar)  |  |  Shorts: Loft (similar)  |  Sandals: Loft (very similar)  |  Bag: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  Watch: Fossil (exact with a different face)  |  Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact) and J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)


This is pretty much me on summer weekends: shorts, tee, sandals and a cardigan. On repeat. 


Look #6: Professional(ish)
mom style remix graphic tee two_mustard floral pencil skirt
Tee: Out of Print (exact)  |  Skirt: Loft (solid yellow option)  |  Clutch: Clare V. (exact)  |   Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Sandals: Target (similar)  |  Watch: Fossil (very similar rose gold option)  |  Bracelets J. Crew Factory (exact)  and Kreations (cute alternative)

I wore this outfit last August for Brianna's Third Thursday Threads: Pencil Skirt Remix challenge. I'm still loving the mix of patterns with the skirt, shirt and clutch. I wore this to work in real-life, and if I'm remembering correctly, it wasn't even on a casual Friday. :)

Look #7: Casual Friday take II
mom style remix graphic tee two_blue pumps
Tee: Out of Print (exact)  |  Cardigan: J. Crew (exact)  |  Jeans: American Eagle (current versionexact - I think)  |  Pumps: Madewell (exact in other colorssimilar)  |  Clutch: Stella & Dot (exact)  |  Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  Watch: Fossil (exact with a different face)  |  Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact) and J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)

I wore this outfit to work last Friday and got a ton of real-life compliments! The shoes and clutch help dress up the tee and I wore a cardigan for the chilly air conditioning, but I think a blazer would have looked great as well. I'll have to try that look in the near future...


Look #8: Weekend Casual
mom style remix graphic tee two_red clutch
Tee: Out of Print (exact)  |  Jeans: Banana Republic (similar darker wash)  |   Sandals: Loft (very similar  |   Clutch: Scarleton (exact in other colors, love this option!)  |   Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact) and J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)


This is another weekend look for me with a distressed pair of jeans, simple sandals and a tee. I added a bright clutch for a pop of color. I've been really into clutches lately, they slip nicely into a diaper bag and I don't have to worry about carrying two bags while running errands. 

Thanks Anne and Jenn for hosting the Mom Style Remix series! be sure to check out the other linkups for some great graphic tee inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh that tee + all your looks = amazing!! I'm such an Austen fan. And love all the versatile looks that came out of this. I am particularly loving those colorful midi skirts - that was one of the looks I loved from our Pinterest inspiration board, but I don't happen to have a midi skirt to try it with. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been midi skirt obsessed lately. In the past few months I've added quite a few to my closet, they're just perfect for the Florida summer heat!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, knocked this one out of the park as usual! I love the variety of dressed up and dressed down looks, especially the red skirt. Oooh and the patterned pencil skirt. The white jeans + heels look is amazing too - never would have thought to put shoes like that with the white jeans and graphic tee but it just works. FAB shoes.

    p.s. Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy. Swooooooon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss my patterned pencil skirt. I need to get it altered so I can wear it again!

      You're right, Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy. Forever and always. I think it's just about time to re-watch the series. (Poor husband.) :)

      Delete
  3. I am LOVING your graphic tee and want to copy every single one of these looks! I love your weekend look with the yellow cardigan, as well as your weekend casual look with the tassel necklace. I think my favorite is the look with the red skirt though, so pretty!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It turned out to be a pretty versatile shirt. :) I think the red skirt, and jeans with blue pumps, turned out to be my two favorites. I just love a nice, bright pop of color!

      Delete