Wednesday, June 22, 2016

midi skirts and mini lifts


Teal and Polka Dots is looking a bit different these days! After a little over a year of (consistent) blogging, it was time for a little mini lift. I opted not to pay for someone to do a redesign, so I'm slowing designing/updating things myself. If you stopped by yesterday or earlier today, you might have noticed things jumping and changing all over the place. :) I've just about gotten everything where I want it, but please be patient with me as I continue to tweak and refine. Suggestions on how to make this space better are greatly appreciated. Let me know the comments below!

Overall, I'm so, so happy with the new look. It's a bit cleaner, a smidgen more modern, and just feels a more like me and a better representation of this space. I hope you like it as much as I do!

What's not different? My continued love affair with midi skirts. These babies have been invaluable during the summer months - so cool and comfortable and perfect for the office - I'm obsessed. I've been wearing this exact outfit on major repeat lately, and actually had to do a blog post search to make sure I hadn't posted similar photos already - I've worn it that often. I just love the mix of stripes and dots and it's so darn comfortable, I'm sure I'll still be repeating it over...and over...and over... in the future.

 Top: Boden (exact)
Skirt: J. Crew (pretty solid navy option)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact) and Kreatons (cute alternative)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive option)


// Sharing on A Pocketful of Polka Dots for Fabulous Friday. //

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been fun to play with the look/layout. Blogger's a bit of a mystery to me, so thank goodness for google!

      Delete
  2. It looks great! And definitely the outfit to wear for new design reveal day - so fitting :) Love the pattern mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Sticking in the same color family seems to work for me when it comes to pattern mixing. Now I kinda want to try the same look with my red/orange midi and the red/orange version of the shirt in this post. :)

      Delete
  3. I am loving your pattern mixing. It is something I want to try if I can find the right prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I go in phases with pattern mixing. :) I like sticking to the same colors so it looks more cohesive. Good luck creating your perfect mix!

      Delete