Friday, June 10, 2016

Impromptu

After a very long Monday spent waiting on delayed flights in both Chicago and Nashville and running around Tuesday trying to get ready for the rest of the work week, my husband and I decided to take an impromptu extra vacation day before returning to the crazy. He surprised me with a day trip to 30A for a delicious breakfast at The Donut Hole and lots of window shopping. The weather was nice for Florida - still can't believe I got away with wearing jeans in June - with low humidity. Which worked out nicely since I didn't know I was going to be out and about all day. It was a fun, relaxing day - 30A is incredibly picturesque with a ton of unique shopping and food options and lots of walking paths - it was the perfect way to wrap up our vacation.

Jeans: American Eagle (current version, exact - I think)
Sandals: Loft (very similar)
Necklace: Stella and Dot (exact)
Bag: Stella and Dot (exact on sale and back in stock!)
Earrings: Fossil (similar)
Watch: Target (exact)
Bracelets: Kendra Scott cuff (similar) and SageKandCo spike (designer dupe, designer original)

I wore this shirt in preparation for Tuesday's Mom Style Remix challenge: graphic tees. I have a definite love-affair with Jane Austen, and "Pride and Prejudice" is one of my all-time favorite books, be still my Darcy-loving heart. So, I knew right away that I wanted to feature this tee for the challenge. I actually picked up this shirt from Central Square Records a couple of years ago on a different 30A adventure, so kinda serendipitous that I wore it for my surprise trip!

Be sure to check back in Tuesday to see all the ways I've styled this tee, and in the meantime, you can see my previous Mom Style Remixes here.


//  Sharing on A Pocketful of Polka Dots for Fabulous Friday.  //

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to the 30a website! My family has vacationed at Pensacola Beach, Perdido Key, & the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area for years & years. I'm interested in learning more about 30a for future trips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love 30A, it's a really great area. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no - bummer about the delayed flights! This sounds like the absolute vacation day recovery from the trip (aka not vacation, ha). Going to have to remember this place if we vacation in that area again next year! Love a good breakfast outing. And love me some P&P too - such a great tee, and I'm excited to see how else you have styled it. Especially because as we speak I'm wearing pretty much this exact same outfit, just with different graphics on my gray tee. Stay tuned ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the perfect vacy recovery day. I love going on vacation, but I always feel like I need a vacation after vacation. I do hope you guys come back to this area next year. I'm always down for drinks and a girls' night. :)

      And hooray for being outfit twins!

      Delete
  3. Oh, my goodness. I am simply swooning over your tee! I adore Jane Austen and particularly "Pride and Prejudice". My oldest son's middle name is Austen in her honor. :) Anyway, your tee looks fantastic with your white jeans, sandals, and great accessories. It sounds like you enjoyed your unexpected extra day away. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday! Hope to see you back next week.

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love that your son's middle name is Austen! Thanks for hosting an excellent link up. I always love joining in. :)

      Delete