Tuesday, June 28, 2016

floral kimono


The brick wall is back (well for today anyway)! I just know you missed it, right? For the newbies to this space, I used it as a background a ridiculous amount of times this fall/winter. I think this one remains one of my brick wall favorites from last fall. But the sun has shifted, putting this space in full sun except for early in the morning. It gets dark super early here in the winter, so that by the time I leave work it's completely black outside. Now that it stays lighter longer, I've been getting photos after work. And while I'm definitely enjoying the longer days, I'm more than over the humid heat. At least the change in lighting has forced me to find some different photo locations, because as easy as it is to snap photos by this wall, it gets monotonous.

I wore this outfit to work yesterday (loooove getting to wear jeans on a Monday, hooray for casual summer work days!) and out to dinner with my family last night. I really like wearing something like this as a transition from work to dinner outfit. I think this kimono would also look cute with a little black dress, so I might have to try that next. It's actually been sitting in my closet since October when I wore it to a friend's bachelorette party. Between not wearing my white jeans for ages and this kimono, I think it might be time to revisit my closet. :)

 Kimono: Target (similar)
Shirt: J. Crew (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (current version)
Sandals: American Eagle (exact - on sale!)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact in rose gold)
Bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)



//  Sharing on The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //

6 comments:

  1. I really like that top. It adds a slight amount of color, but it's still a neutral at the same time. The color brings out the florals in the kimono too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like how it turned out. :) Previously I'd only wore the kimono with a black top, but the nude/peach is fun as well!

      Delete
  2. Is it recent kimono at target? Really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I got it back in October, and I couldn't find it on the website anymore. :(

      Delete
  3. it actually seems more blazery to me than kimono. more polished, i like it.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely light-weight and gauzy like a kimono, but the sleeves are more fitted, which I think gives it a more polished look. :)

      Delete