Monday, June 13, 2016

Burnished Orange Midi Skirt

This is one of those outfits that loved the idea of, but feel missed the mark (just a smidgen) in reality. I love the striped shirt, the pearls - and I'm obsessed with this bright orange/red skirt - but somehow it doesn't quite seem right together. Not a terrible outfit, but not my favorite either. Looking back on pictures, I wish I had gone with a simpler necklace, this one drove me nuts all day. It wouldn't lay right, felt heavy and it was so hot that all I did was sweat under it. Gross. Still a pretty necklace, but it might have to take the bench until cooler weather returns. Oh, well...

So why am I harping on all the wrongs of today's outfit? I guess to show that (quite often) I don't get it right, and am still learning what works and what doesn't. I wore this in real-life, so I wanted to share it - flaws and all! Next time I think I'll skip the stripes, wear a simpler necklace and perhaps wear a more fitted top. I liked how this skirt looked with the shimmery blush tee I wore for my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary celebration. I'll just have to wear that combo again and take pictures. :) But, I need to figure out more ways to wear it! So, all ideas and suggestions on how to wear this pretty skirt are welcome!

Top: Boden (exact)
Skirt: J. Crew (exact)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Clutch: Clare V. (exact)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Earrings: Kendra Scott (exact in other colors)
Bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)
Ring: Kendra Scott (cool alternative)

No comments:

Post a Comment