Thursday, May 19, 2016

White Denim


I love white denim on other people - it looks so fresh and spring-like and clean - but I'm not 100% convinced they're for me. Maybe it's because they aren't the most forgiving - they have the tendency to make thicker thighs look wider and amplify every dimple and bulge. Or maybe it's just me, because I love the idea of white jeans. So much so that I bought this pair ages ago but haven't been brave enough to wear them. Until today. Literally today. That's why today's post is later than usual, I had to get pictures of my pants!

So what brought these jeans out of hiding? I'm wearing them in honor of today's Third Thursday Thread's theme: warm weather white. The perfect excuse to step outside my comfort zone and wear the tight, white pants - dimples be damned. After all, it seems crazy to have a perfectly good pair of jeans sitting in your closet and never wear them.


Jeans: American Eagle (current version, exact - I think - on sale!)
Top: Boden (exact)
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shoes: Latigo Milly (exact)
Necklace: Baublebar (very similar - on sale!)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelets: J. Crew Factory (exact pave link) Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl wire)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)


I think these jeans would be fun with a chambray shirt and cognac sandals, with a pretty blush top and rose gold accessories, or polka dot tee and navy cardigan. Plus Pinterest seriously has so much white denim outfit inspiration. Which might just be why I bought them in the first place...outfit envy.  :) So maybe I'll just have to brave them at least once more and tryout some other outfit combinations.



And since white denim hasn't always been my thing, a found a few other springy-white outfits I've worn on the blog. 

Other warm weather white outfits: 
one  |  two  |  three
four  |  five  |  six

//  Sharing on Work Clothes, I Suppose for Third Thursday Threads.  // 

Shop the post:

6 comments:

  1. They look great! I hope you felt good in them because I can see you making so many other fab outfits :) I love the graphic black & white and especially the pattern mix of the shoes and shirt for this start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty darn stretchy and comfortable! I wore them again today and felt a bit more confident in them. Guess white jeans just take some getting used to. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit, it's totally one I would wear! Your white jeans look fantastic on you, I think you're much too hard on yourself! :) I can't wait to see the other outfits you described and I may have to break out my white denim tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we all our own worst critics? I do think this outfit photographed a little better than it looked in real-life, but it was still fun to wear! I wore my white jeans again today with a chambray shirt, so I think it's safe to say they're here to stay!

      Delete
  3. You look amazing!!!! That shirt + those shoes with those pants & tassel necklace - I'm in love!!! So glad you wore it - and really, wear these jeans more often, for sure!!!! Thanks for linking up, too :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bri! Third Thursday Threads are definitely one of my favorite linkups!

      Delete