Wednesday, May 25, 2016

White Denim Take 2


After braving my white jeans last week for Brianna's Third Thursday Threads, I decided to give them another spin - this time with my chambray shirt and strappy cognac sandals. My outfit was inspired by this pin - and I have to admit a straw fedora really would have made the outfit. But though it's relaxed summer dress code at work, I'd probably get some strange looks if I attempted to rock a hat. :)

Speaking of hats, several years ago I worked at a local newspaper, and there was a reporter who wore the most fantastical hats to work, like it was the Kentucky Derby every day. Or Easter Sunday. At the time we all thought she was nuts - who wears a three-foot blue sunhat with flowers on a random Tuesday? With a sundress. Or a jaunty scarlet red pillbox with a sheath dress and heels like it's 1959? But now, she probably look pretty normal. I mean, just look at Kendi, she looks fabulous with her belted flare dress and straw hat. Not sure what the point of my random story was, other than maybe somehow it ties into wearing things you never would have in the past - which would be the category these jeans would fall into. Though, they're definitely growing on me. I don't think I see any crazy hats in the near future though...

Jeans: American Eagle (current version, exact - I think - on sale!)
Sandals: Loft (similar)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelets: J. Crew Factory (exact pave link) Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl wire)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)

What's your opinion on the half-tuck, or the shame tuck, or whatever you call it? When my husband/photographer was taking these photos he very much wanted me to know that my shirt was - in this words - "jacked up." IDK, tucked-in all the way just doesn't work for me post baby and untucked looked too long and sloppy - hence the half-tuck. Oh, well, I'm going to go with it works. 



//  Sharing on The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //

Shop the post:

4 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad you're trying out the white jeans?! They are great on you - such a classic combo too. And I do the half-tuck thing sometimes as well, but definitely it is not a thing that husbands get...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I wear them, the more I love them! Maybe it's similar to wearing sandals after a winter of boots and closed-toed shoes...it just looks weird for a day or two. Or maybe that's just me. :)

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous look! I love how light it is!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete