Sunday, May 22, 2016

Thoughts and Whatnots 5.22.16

Polka dot d'orsay flats: one  |  two  |  three


Blog Love:

On Teal and Polka Dots:

Favorite Sales:

Personal:
  • What I'm reading: Still reading The Husband's Secret.
  • What I'm watching: Episodes of Cutthroat Kitchen and The Office on Netflix.
  • What I'm crushing on: Ya'll know I love a good midi skirt, and after seeing the J. Crew Midi skirt in cotton-clip dot on Maureen I think I might just need it too in the pretty burnished orange (that looks more red online).
  • What I'm looking forward to: Last week was super busy, I know I was pretty MIA and posted a lot less than usual. Work was rushed, every night seemed busier than usual with errands and running around, and I had my hands full with putting together little bit's birthday party. The party was yesterday and I think it turned out well! She loved all the Curious George touches (though I think her favorite part was the icing on the strawberry cake). I had a great time planning the party, but I'm looking forward to things *hopefully* being a little less hectic this week!

3 comments:

  1. Erin I've been reading your blog for a while (found you through Franish) and you look great! It looks like you've lost a bit of weight. Are you planning to share some of things you've done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Felicia, thanks for the compliments! I have lost a little weight - about 25 lbs. I haven't talked about it much on the blog, and hadn't really planned a post on it. Most of the weight loss happened after complications with my emergency gallbladder removal surgery that put me in the hospital for a week right before Christmas. Not an experience I would recommend. :) In full disclosure, I was told by my doctor that I needed to lose weight to address some medical issues and was given a prescription to help with weight loss. I know this is a gray-area and definitely not for everyone. I also cut back my portion sizes and try to be more active in general. But honestly, most of the weight come off from the surgery and post digestion issues. I'm not really sure how effective the pill has been other than to keep it off. So, that's why no post. I'm not sure losing an organ is the most effective weight loss plan. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your reply! Either way you look great and it's your health that's important. I'm glad to hear you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete