Sunday, May 1, 2016

Thoughts and Whatnots 4.30.16

Pink and chambray:  one  |  two  |  three

Blog Love:


On Teal and Polka Dots:


Favorite Sales:
  • 40% of select styles and 60% off clearance at Loft (no code required)
    • Really love this fun navy polka dot fluid tee. It looks so lightweight and perfect for the office on hot summer days. And just look how great it looks on Tara!
    • As usual I'm all about all things polka dot...just look at these adorable dusty blue polka heels. LOVE.
    • From the sale section, this cream floral applique blouse looks like it would be perfect with a pair or shorts for the weekend or a skirt of the office. 
  • Extra 30% off sale styles at J. Crew with code GETSHOPPING
  • 40% off regular priced items at Banana Republic with code TREAT

Personal:
  • What I'm reading: What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.
  • What I'm watching: Reruns of The Office and Cutthroat Kitchen.
  • What I'm listening to: The radio - the easy-listening, yesterday and today mix to be exact. :)
  • What I'm crushing on: I stumbled across this pin of an old entertainment center turned into a child's play kitchen yesterday and I.AM.OBSESSED. It's now firmly on my DIY list for the very, very near future - along with making all the knitted cupcakes and donuts, felt play food and grocery cans and boxes. I know the kiddo will get such a kick out of it, I was all about immediately running to Goodwill to find a piece to convert. But, the husband might have rained on my parade just a bit and reminded me we have about a million household projects to finish first. But how boring - who wants to paint the house, replace a back door, or redo floors when you can make so much cuteness?!? I about can't stand it. For non-DIYers, Ikea makes a cute and simple play kitchen (for which there's a ton of hacks for) and Pottery Barn has freaking adorable ones- if you feel like shelling out the big bucks. Worth every penny in cuteness I'm sure. :) But seriously, I'm convinced the kiddo needs one of these for her big girl room - another project on the to-do list...
  • What I'm looking forward to: I have to work today (which I'm not exactly looking forward to) but tonight my parents are coming in town for the week (which I very much am looking forward to). Always love when they come in town for a visit. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I LOVED What Alice Forgot - hope you enjoy! And that play kitchen/diner is AMAZING. I expect to see that for a pin to present post soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it last night (might have stayed up until 2 a.m. reading) and it was so good! I liked it a lot better than the Hypnotist's Love Story. I've heard The Husband's Secret is good as well, I'll have to read that one in the near future.

      And yes, the play kitchen would be a perfect pin to present post! See, now I HAVE to do it, for the blog. ;)

      Delete