Monday, May 2, 2016

Skirt on Repeat & A Question




These aren't the best photos - my skirt is a wrinkled mess and I have a bad case of the squints - but hopefully the cuteness of the outfit shines through. This is the third time in less than a month I've worn this skirt (see here and here), but I don't even care, it's quickly become one of my spring favorites. Plus it's fun thinking of different ways to wear such a bold hue. I hope ya'll don't mind seeing plenty more of it in the future. :)

Now, on to the question. I love sharing outfit posts, but worry things have gotten a bit stale lately. So the question is, what would you like to see on Teal and Polka Dots?  I've been mixing it up with things like Project 366 recapsCurrently, Warby Parker home try-on, Day in the Life of and $10 at Target. Do ya'll like these types of posts, or want me to stick to the basics - outfits, packing lists and budget recaps? I haven't done a DIY in forever - and I miss them - so maybe more crafty goodness? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Shirt: Boden (exact)
Skirt: J. Crew Factory (exact - with an extra 40% off!)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Reeds Jewelers (similar)
Earrings: Reeds Jewelers (exact, inexpensive alternative)
Watch: Target (save, want this splurge!)
Bracelets: Loft (similar crystal) and Moorea Seal (similar pearl cuff)


8 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with a great pencil skirt! Especially when you put stripes with it.

    And I enjoy your outfit/packing posts, but as someone who writes the whole range myself, with DIYs, currently, etc. I do love reading all of those too! Part of why I do them all is that I wear too many things on repeat (like whole outfits) to be able to do a style post every day, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how your blog is more lifestyle and covers a broader range of topics, it keeps things interesting! I repeat a lot of my outfits too - when you find a formula that works, you might well go for it! I just don't take photos of the repeats. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a newbie to your blog and maybe it's because I've been clicking around in the archives, but I really like the focus on outfits/fashion. I'm someone who frequently thinks "I have nothing to wear! (whine!)" so I really like seeing your (almost) daily outfits as inspiration (it helps that we have similar styles). Plus, you update frequently, so that makes it feel fresh. I guess I'm saying -- I love DIYs and "day in the life" and branching out into other fashion stuff (glasses, jewelry, beauty, etc.) and think they would be fun additions to the blog, but that what you're doing now doesn't feel "stale" to me at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Don't worry, outfit photos are here to stay. :) It's just fun to mix it up a bit now and then!

      Delete
  3. I think you have a great mix. Bring on the DIY too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The trick is finding time to do them...lot's of ideas but no time to do them lately, isn't that just the way it goes?

      Delete
  4. I love the mix of things that you write about but I do love the outfit post ideas! We have such similar taste so it's super helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! Sometimes it's nice to check-in and see what you guys want to read about. But, there will always be plenty of outfit photos in the future. :)

      Delete