Monday, May 9, 2016

Mom Style Remix: Cardigans


Cardigan love: one  |  two  
three  |  four  |  five
six  |  seven  |  eight
 
For a girl who lives in Florida, I probably have a disproportionate love for cardigans. But it's not my fault - they're just so cozy, add interest to an outfit, and have that magic ability to slim. I've been wearing them faithfully since high school (yikes, should I even admit that?!?) so they are definitely - without a doubt - one of my favorite wardrobe staples. When and Anne and Jenn announced cardigans as this month's Mom Style Remix challenge, I practically jumped up and down in happiness. A challenge perfectly suited to me!

Since I pretty much wear a cardigan every other day (okay, okay more like every day), the trick was to settle on which looks to show (as opposed to my entire blog). So for today's challenge, I decided to show you some of my favorite gray cardigan looks I've worn in the last year. :)

Look 1: Pink pants and striped top

Top: Loft (similar)  |  Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Pants: Loft (exact in limited sizes, similar)  |  Shoes: Latigo Milly (exact)  |  Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  Watch: Fossil (exact)  |  Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)

As a working mom, my favorite office outfits are of the throw-on-and-go variety. A comfy shirt, cardigan, simple pants and flats - but in fun colors and patterns for interest. (See original post here.)

Look 2: Blush jeans and graphic tee

Sweater: J. Crew (exact - on sale!)  |  Shirt: J. Crew Factory (cute alternative)  |  Jeans: American Eagle (exact)  |  Flats: Latigo Milly (exact)  |  Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  Watch: Fossil (exact)  |  Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearlexact arrow and black option)  |  Bag: Kate Spade (exact)  |  Earrings: Reeds (exactinexpensive similar)

I love the softness of this look. It's pretty much a slightly more casual variation of my above work-uniform: jeans, graphic tee, cardigan and flats. Works for casual Fridays, works for the weekend, works for me. :) (See original post here.)

Look 3: Jean shorts and a purple tee

Sneakers: Sperry (exact)  |  Shirt: Loft (exact) |  Shorts: Loft (exact)  |  Cardigan: Loft (similar)  |  Bag: Street Level (exact in other colors)   |  Necklace: Amazon (exactdisc option) |  Watch: Fossil (exact)  |  Earrings: Reeds (exactinexpensive similar)

I originally put this look together for last month's sneaker's mom style remix and liked it so much I threw it back into this month's remix. I hate shorts, but a nice cardigan definitely make them more more palatable. (See original post here.)

Look 4: Skinny jeans and a scarf


Jeans: American Eagle (similar)  |  Shirt: Loft (exact in other colors)  |  Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact in other colors)  |  Scarf: Loft (super cute alternative!)  |  Sandals: American Eagle (cute alternative)  |  Bag: Sole Society (exact in black)  |  Earrings: Baublebar (similar)  |  Watch: Target (save, splurge)

During Florida winters it's totally normal to wear jeans, a cardigan, scarf...and sandals. TOTALLY NORMAL. I promise. :) (See original post here.)

Look 5: Lace top and navy pencil pants


Cardigan: Loft (similar)  |  Pants: The Limited (exact)  |  Shirt: Amazon (exact - runs super smallsimilar)  |  Shoes: Madewell (exact in limited sizessimilar)  |  Scarf: Gap (solid gray alternative)  |  Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Watch: Fossil (exact)

Pretty lace details, a light scarf, cardigan and pencil pants = my fall/winter work uniform. (See original post here.)

Look 6: Stripes and floral pencil skirt


Cardigan: Loft (similar)  |  Shirt: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Skirt: Loft (cute alternative)  |  Shoes: Madewell (cute alternative)  |  Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)  |  Watch: Fossil (similar)  |  Bracelet: Loft (similar)

Most days I wear pants to work, but on the days I'm feeling fancy, I love a good pencil skirt. I prefer to layer a cardigan over these types of skirts to help slim the hips and tummy. Curvy girl problems. :) (See original post here.)

Look 7: Distressed jeans and a white tee

Cardigan: Gap Factory (cute alternative)  |  Tee: Target (exact, non-plus)  |  Jeans: Banana Republic (similar)  | Scarf: Banana Republic Factory (similar)  |  Sandals: American Eagle (cute alternative)  |   Watch: Target (savesplurge)  |  Earrings: Original Owl (similar)

I wore this outfit to go to the movies, and it was the perfect blend of comfort and style. I wish I could wear scarves more often because I love how they add a little extra interest to an outfit. (See original post here.)

Look 8: White tee and black pencil pants



Cardigan: J. Crew (exact)  |  Tee: Target (exactnon-plus |  Pants: The Limited (exact)  |  Sandals: Loft (similar)  |  Necklace: Old Navy (similar)  |  Watch: Target (savesplurge)  |  Bracelet: Moorea Seal (similar)  |  Ring: Pandora  (exact)  |  Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)  |  Glasses: Warby Parker (exact)

This look hasn't made it to the blog yet, but that's because I just wore it yesterday! Since my photographer (husband) was sick last week, I'm a bit low on outfit photos - so this one will probably make it on the blog tomorrow or Thursday. This is actually the sweater from the second look (with the blush jeans) the tee from the second to last look (with the polka dot scarf) and the same pants - but in black - as the fifth look (with the lace tee). I didn't intentionally remix all the items, but as I was gathering photos and realized what I'd done I had to share!

Thanks Anne and Jenn for hosting the Mom Style Remix series! It's probably comes as no surprise when I say that this month's challenge is my favorite so far. :)

10 comments:

  1. I bet your love for cardigans is still totally legit in light of air conditioning! I probably use them more in the summer, actually, because I always have a lightweight one in my bag to pull out when the a/c is overly blasting... Love how versatile you show a gray cardigan to be - and that you ended up remixing several other items within this collage too, to show totally different looks. Doesn't seem like you're wearing the same thing over and over at all! All great, but I think that floral pencil skirt one has to be the winner. Love the graphic combo with the stripes, nicely softened by the cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I love these remix challenges, and it was fun that for once I actually already had all the photos and didn't have to take any special ones. :)

      Delete
  2. I think cardigans are very usual, even in Florida, I know if I am in air conditioning I get chilly. They're so easy to just throw on over something. I love all of your cute looks here, I used to have a very similar gray cardigan, I need to replace it, I am missing it after reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...I recommend the mixed-tape cardigan from J. Crew. So insanely comfy and I love the longer length!

      Delete
  3. 6-8 are my faves. But the floral skirt with striped shirt is a winner, kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! They're probably my two favorites as well. :)

      Delete
  4. I love so many of these outfits but I think the pattern mix top and skirt and the purple tee outfits are my faves! Cardigans are my favorite!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many cute looks here--so much cardigan inspiration!! It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think I love the skinny jeans + scarf and the floral/stripe mix the most.
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the skinny jeans + scarf was probably the comfiest of all the looks. :) And the floral/stripe was just so fun to wear!

      Delete