Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Grandmother's Curtains

This dress kind of makes me feel like I'm wearing my grandmother's floral curtains. But, fun cheerful curtains, right? It's kinda like spring exploded all over my dress (and I kinda like it). I scored this maxi on mega sale from jane.com awhile ago and am embarrassed to admit kind of forgot all about it until last week when it became available on groopdealz. Sadly, the deal is over, but since this is the second time I've seen it on these sites in a month, hopefully it'll come back around again. :) Especially since it's no longer available on the Eloges website. Though I did find it in very limited sock on Zulily.

I apologize for for tantalizing you with my awesome floral curtain dress that is no longer available. Especially since it's insanely comfy and light and easy to wear. It is an interesting fabric, I'm not even sure how to describe it -  scuba maybe? -  there's a ton of stretch and it's a got a nice drape. I got mine in an XL and think it runs true to size. The only issue I had was that the wrap in the front was a bit low, but a small safety pin easily fixed it and I could always put in a small stitch to make it more permanent. Details just in case it pops back in stock and you're tempted to get it. :)

Cardigan: J Crew Factory (exact in other colors, similar pink)
Sandals: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Kendra Scott (exact in other colors)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Cuff: Hope Loren (exact)

As you can see, I'm wearing a cardigan in these pictures, but the dress has short-sleeves and looks super cute sans cardi. The only reason I'm wearing a sweater is because on Mother's Day I tripped over our baby gate and caught my arm on the kitchen counter and now have a massive dark bruise on my left arm. It's a really ugly shiner and I'm vain enough to keep covered while it heals. Which is annoying since it's been extra warm lately.  

Shop the post:

//  Sharing on the Layers and Lipstick linkup.  //

12 comments:

  1. I think this dress is SUPER flattering on you!! You look great in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely think it's one of those outfits that looked better in real life as opposed to photos, but I love the fun, bright print!

      Delete
  2. What a fun dress! Floral and springy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want that dress! You look super cute in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hate that it's out of stock; I hope they bring it back!

      Delete
  4. How tall are you? I'm wondering if it would be super short on me! I'm 5'7''

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 5'5" and am wearing a 1" heel. I'd imagine this dress would work on you with flats, but would probably be too short with any kind of heel. Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  5. You look fabulous in that dress! Love the colors! Thank you for linking up with us and hopefully you continue to! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I found your link up! Super fun. :)

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful maxi dress. Looks gorgeous with the bright pink cardigan. Well styled!

    Welcome by and join my latest style linkup with your fabulous style. A new linkup is live every Thursday!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/07/thursday-moda-20-with-red-stripes-and.html

    Thanks and have a great weekend! Ada =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll be sure to check out your linkup.

      Delete