Monday, May 9, 2016

Blush Jeans and Polka Dots

Happy Monday friends! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend celebrating their mommas. :) We took my mom and mother-in-law out for dinner on Saturday at local steak-joint while the kiddo ran around like a wild thing. Does anyone have advice for how to get a two-year-old to sit still in a restaurant? Or is that like finding a unicorn in the forest - impossible? Not going to lie, I'm getting super nervous about getting on a plane with her in a few weeks. She's a high-energy kiddo - which I actually really do love - but at the age where any kind of sitting still is just pure torture. 

To share a sweet story, in the past couple of weeks, Little Bit has figured out how to give sweet kisses. Most of the time she does the full scrunched, pursed face - so cute - and gets your nose. Her new game now is to smoosh your cheeks together so that you have fish lips and then pucker up. Silly. I try to cherish all the moments because I know all to soon there will be a day when she doesn't want to give her momma cuddles and kisses anymore. She's growing up so fast - she'll be 2 in a few weeks - and is already such an independent little lady. Refuses to sit in high-chair and sits in a regular chair like a big girl, wants a real cup not a sippy, wants to do everything herself and very vocal when she doesn't get her way. My husband and I are both such passive people and I can't help but look at her with wonder - where does she get all that assertiveness, the energy? I know a lot of it is being a toddler, but it's so cool to see her personality coming out - I think she's going to be a force to be reckoned with - my fearless, sweet silly girl. She is by far the best thing I've accomplished in this life - hands down. It's challenging - oh, is it challenging- but I love being this little girl's momma.



**Sorry, couldn't resist a montage of toddler cuteness!**

And now back to outfit photos...

Sweater: J. Crew (exact - on sale!)
Shirt: J. Crew Factory (cute alternative)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Flats: Latigo Milly (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl, exact arrow and black option)
Bag: Kate Spade (exact)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)

For those of you who have followed long for awhile, it's not secret that I love my cardigans. We've had a long-standing love affair - so I'm super excited to sharing some of my favorite cardigan looks for Mom Style Remix tomorrow! 


Shop the post:

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful look! Love the pictures of your little one, too!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She is rather cute - but then again - I'm partial. :)

      Delete
  2. Your daughter is adorable! Love the outfit too--I'm a fellow cardigan fan.��

    When my son was a toddler, we bought some kid headphones from Fisher-Price that were made so that the volume could not become too loud & damage little ears. On planes, it was great for watching kid TV shows & movies that we stored on an IPad just for that. Snacks that he loved were given out as needed on flights too. Before we boarded, we always tried to let him walk around as much as possible to burn a little energy. Good luck & enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardigans are probably my absolutely favorite layering piece, if not my favorite clothing item. :)

      Thanks for the suggestion about the earphones! We actually have a volume-control Minnie Mouse pair, but the trick is getting her to wear them, she hates anything on her head. I'll keep working on that one and plan on bring lots of snacks. :) Also, good call on the walking around. Get the energy out when you can!

      Delete