Sunday, April 10, 2016

Thoughts and Whatnots 4.10.16

 Itty-bitty hints of mint: one  |  two  | three

Blog Love
On Teal and Polka Dots:

Favorite Sales:

Personal:
  • What I'm reading: The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend. I'm about halfway through this book and am really enjoying it! It's well written, entertaining and a sort of a love story about small town life. So far, I highly recommend!
  • What I'm watching: Batman vs. Superman. I had a day date with the husband Friday and as part of our adventures we saw Batman vs. Superman in 3D. It was...alright. REALLY action packed, to the point where you're almost relieved when it was over, and dark and gritty. Overall is was entertaining and I love Wonder Woman, so I'm glad she finally made it until the current DC movie universe. :)
  • What I'm crushing on: WANT these adorable heeled-back polka dot leather sandals. They come in a bunch of really cute colors and patterns if polka dots aren't your thing.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Showing you guys my Warby Parker picks. My box arrived yesterday and I've already had so much fun trying them on. I'm torn between three pairs, so I'll definitely need your help to decide (post in the works)!

4 comments:

  1. I love Warby Parker! Can't wait to see what you got to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really fun! I love getting to see everything with non-dilated eyes. :)

      Delete
  2. Just read that book and have to say I was a little disappointed - so I'm glad you're enjoying at least :) If you like books about bookstores/booksellers (I do!), I thought The Storied Life of AJ Fikary was excellent...

    And it's funny that I had the exact opposite response to the 3rd Thursday Threads theme - I haven't been wearing my blazers because it's been way too cold! They don't fit under winter coats well. Looking forward to getting them back out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book yesterday, and I have to agree with you, I'm a little disappointed in it. The story started out well, but it took a long time to get to the conclusion and then it felt so rushed with that weird tacked-on epilogue. And the whole Caroline-Josh relationship was kind of odd.

      I wore my blazers a lot this winter instead of a coat. I just threw a sweater on underneath. I'd probably die in your cold weather! :)

      Delete