Tuesday, April 19, 2016

This One's for the Ladies

I adore this skirt. Seriously, what's not to love? Polka dots, pockets, a flowy drape and comfortable elastic waistband...perfection. But you know who doesn't love this outfit? Boys apparently.

I put this outfit together and asked the husband if I looked okay. His response, "Eh, not one of my favorites." Most times, when asked the dreaded "How do I look question," I get the standard "Looks great, let's go." So, knowing my husband, that meant he really, really didn't like it.

What?! Couldn't he see the perfection of this outfit? The skirt! The polka dots! The pockets! Clearly, he was crazy. So I wore it anyway, and got comments all day long from my female friends about how much they loved it. Which made me wonder, is this one of those outfits girls love, but boys hate? So I asked some of my guys friends, and my theory was pretty much confirmed.

Girls thought it was cute, boys thought it was frumpy. So ladies, this outfit is for you...and who cares about what boys like anyway? Everyone knows we dress for each other, not guys. :)


Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shirt: Target (similar)
Skirt: J. Crew (exact - on sale!)
Sandals: Target (similar)
Necklace: Loft (similar)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelets: J. Crew Factory (exact link) and Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)

I snagged this skirt from J. Crew on major sale, which seriously only adds to its awesomeness. Marked down from $110 to $79.99 plus 40% off sale...I got it for just shy of $50, almost 60% off retail. I love a good deal, which is part of my shopping downfall...there's just so many good sales on all the cute clothes. :) It's still available in most sizes and is currently 30% off, which is a still a pretty great deal! After reading the reviews, I sized down from my usual 16 to a 14. It's lightweight and comfortable and doesn't wrinkle. Okay, okay, I'm done talking up this skirt now.

And I will prove the husband wrong on this one...I bet with a pair of heels and a different top, I could make it into a guy-approved look. In the words of the great Barney Stinson, challenge accepted. 



Shop the post:

2 comments:

  1. Theory holds true on me... I love it! I think with the dots and the fun accessories/embellishments it's in the great category of "librarian chic". But I know what you mean about boys - I've already figured out over here that they're not really into maxis, so I guess the same holds true for midis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Librarian chic, I like that!
      Yeah, I think you're right about the maxi/midis. Boys are weird sometimes. :)

      Delete