Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I Feel Pretty

pink pleated midi and a chambray shirt 6

Many times I post an outfit on here that I'm not crazy about, but it's what I wore in real-life, so I go ahead and put it out there. Not this outfit. I LOVE this outfit. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite thing I've worn this year, if not ever on the blog. I just felt so pretty and feminine in it and I think it translated pretty well into photos. Besides, how can you not feel happy in a swirly, twirly pink skirt? It also doesn't hurt when you're having a good makeup day and your hair decides to behave. :)

Speaking of hair, I just went to a new place to get my highlights/lowlights done and I'm feeling so much happier with my return to ash-tones. Highlights tend to pull gold/brassy on me and I hate it, so I'm thrilled I found someone who knows how to work with my mess of hair.

pink pleated midi and a chambray shirt 4
Top: Loft (similar)
Skirt: J. Crew (exact in limited sizes, similar in peach)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Kendra Scott (exact, with other stones)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelets: Kendra Scott (cute alternative) J. Crew Factory (exact)
Ring: Kendra Scott (exact)

pink pleated midi and a chambray shirt 7

J. Crew's customer service is amazing. I originally ordered this skirt while J. Crew was having a 30% off sale, but upon arrival it had a snag in the waistband. I emailed customer service and included pictures of the damaged spot and they offered me a discount if I wanted to keep the skirt or I could reorder the skirt and send the damaged one back. I held on to it for about a week debating to keep or return, but when I went to try the skirt on again I noticed there was a dark pen mark - almost like someone had drawn on it with black ink in between the pleats on the front. I called customer service and they issued me an immediate refund, did a price match, and since my size and color was low in stock, two-day shipped the replacement. A refund before they even received the product back - pretty awesome. Literally the day the skirt arrived, it went on clearance with an additional 40% off sale. I emailed customer service, they did a price adjustment, and I ended up getting a $120 skirt for $47. Such a great deal, seriously J. Crew's customer service is the best.

Unlike Loft. Their online customer service is terrible - but that's a story for another day...

pink pleated midi and a chambray shirt 5 pink pleated midi and a chambray shirt 2 pink pleated midi and a chambray shirt 3 pink pleated midi and a chambray shirt 1

//  Sharing on The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //

Shop the post:

8 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous skirt! You should definitely feel pretty - you look AMAZING!

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Abby! It's nice when everything comes together just right. :)

      Delete
  2. Seriously, I saw this skirt and said "oooooooh!" You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's such a fun skirt. There's definitely something to be said about clothing that makes you feel good!

      Delete
  3. You should feel pretty because you ARE pretty! I love how feminine this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy. It's such a fun skirt to wear!

      Delete
  4. J.Crew does have excellent customer service! So glad to see that others also have amazing experiences with them. I even have contacted them via twitter and still received amazing customer service. I'm floored every time. And they're really starting to pull out all the stops again. I've loved almost everything from their last 3 roll outs. So I love this skirt with chambray. I have a sleeveless chambray top I think I'm going to pair mine with and maybe some black and white? I think the small pleats would look nice with wider stripes. I cannot wait to style this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got this skirt! I can't wait to see how you style it. Stripes would look great with this skirt. I have a black and white tee I've been wanting to try with it...thanks for reminding me. :)

      Delete