Thursday, April 28, 2016

Had a Bad Day

Yesterday was rotten. It started out with less than two hours of sleep, rolled into a morning meeting that went so badly that I'm still reeling from it, to an overload of work that kept me locked at my desk all day slapping project after project together as quickly as possible. I left work with a backache, headache and dark mood. One of those days. The kind where all you want to do is crawl into bed and throw the covers over your head and give up. An I can't Wednesday.

That evening my kiddo and I went for a neighborhood stroll and tried to remember some of the good points in the day. There's a had to be something, right? The weather was lovely, little bit was in an especially sweet mood handing out kisses and snuggles, husband and I had a nice lunch together, I snagged a pack of pretty yellow envelopes for less than $3, and my new Kate Spade bag came in. Most of it little, silly things, but good things none-the-less. So maybe part of the day was rotten, but not all of it. Sometimes in the thick of things, it's hard to find perspective and I have to remind myself to take a deep breath, say a prayer and move on. Remember the good stuff and toss the rest of it away.

Shirt: Target (similar)
Skirt. J. Crew Factory (exact)
Sweater: J. Crew Factory (similar pinkexact in other colors)
Sandals: Target (similar)
Bag: Kate Spade (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact) J. Crew Factory (exact)


Speaking of good things, how awesome is this bag? Last weekend Kate Spade had an additional 25% off sale, so I spent part of my tax return money on it. It's the Cedar Street Hayden in grace blue - and I'm in love. I've been on the lookout for a new bag and this one is everything I was looking for - a lighter color, structured, decent size and leather. There's even an adjustable long strap so it can be worn as a crossbody or over the shoulder. Upon excitedly pulling it out of the packing box, I realized it's basically my blog in a bag - a gorgeous light teal color with an an inside lining of white on white polka dots. Teal and Polka Dots. I'd like to say I planned it that way, but it was just serendipitous.

Random side story, I had plans to wear a tan sweater with this outfit, but when I asked the husband if I looked alright, he complained that it was a little drab and suggested the pink. I've been accused more than once of asking for - but for never following - his advice, so even though I wasn't sold on it I wore this pink cardigan. I'm still not sure I love it, but what do you think? Too much color, just right? Heaven forbid he be right and me wrong. :) But seriously, I can take it - maybe it works and I'm just over thinking it.


Shop the post:

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pink cardigan with the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to let the husband know he was right. :)

      Delete
  2. Gack, sounds like it was just one thing after another! Thank goodness for sweet little ones and fabulous bags :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those little kiddos sure do make it all worth it. :)

      Delete