Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Currently



Currently I am...

making: a maxi dress. Or planning to anyway. While online shopping for the perfect dress with sleeves, I stumbled on this awesome side slit maxi dress tutorial from Leanne Barlow. Since I can't buy what I want, why not just make it? Her tutorial doesn't look too complicated and I found the prettiest rayon challis fabric. I love the idea of sewing, but I don't do a lot of it. I've made a skirt, crib bumpers, pillow covers...simple stuff. So I'm a little intimated by this project. But it's good to challenge yourself, right?

wishlisting: a new handbag. As much as a I love my Coach, I haven't been kind to it over the years, and the leather has rubbed off in the bottom corners of the bag. It also might have had been in a hit-and-run with some magenta paint. I still love it and plan to carry it until it literally falls apart, but I like the idea of adding another bag into the rotation, something structured in a lighter leather. I really like this pretty blush Kate Spade or this mustard yellow Coach satchel ... and how unbelievably gorgeous is this Michael Kors satchel, but I die at the price tag!

cleaning: my desk at work! It's a train wreck complete with papers strewn everywhere, water bottles with just a sip or two left and travel mugs growing laboratory experiments. Can I use the excuse that it's a product of a creative mind?

posting: my first every day in the life of post! I don't think my life is that exciting, but I LOVE reading these types of posts from other bloggers, so hopefully it'll be fun. Come back tomorrow to read it. :)

tasting: Moscato wine for the first time. I don't know how I managed to go 33 years on this earth and not taste its deliciousness, but now I'm hooked! I few weeks ago a friend ordered it for me when the bar was out of blush. I'm definitely not a wine snob. I like my wine cheap, fruity and sweet and if you add bubbles...ahhh perfection.

I'm linking up with Anne and Jenna for April Currently. Each month features a series of prompts that can be interpreting any way you wish. What are you up to currently? Let me know in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Knock yourself out with that maxi dress! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Love Moscato wine, but some brands are a little too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, the sweeter the better for me! I definitely don't have a refined palate. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been contemplating a blush bag too - seems like it would be a nice change of pace from my usuals! And I LOVE day-in-the-life posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blush just seems so springy and not having to worry about matching leathers is a definite bonus.

      Delete
  3. YES to a blush bag! Total bag crush right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently saw the prettiest one at a Kate Spade outlet, decided not to get it, changed my mind and went back the next weekend and it was GONE. Serious bag regret. :(

      Delete
  4. Yep, Moscato wine is dangerously delicious! I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy it. And always the day in the life posts too. Looking forward to seeing yours...
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not sure how I managed to go 30+ years without discovering it. Guess that just means I need to drink more wine... :)

      Delete
  5. Barefoot wines (California) makes a delicious pink and a red moscato. The pink is basically a sweet rose, and the red is like a Merlot lite (i.e., better with meals). Spumante is another brand with a good sparkling rose (can't remember if it's a moscato offhand). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to give it a try!

      Delete