Thursday, April 21, 2016

Chambray Blazer, Three Ways



I have a bit of a love affair with blazers - they can dress up jeans, add a bit of refinement to a pair of plain pants and make a skirt look a bit more interesting. Unfortunately in Florida, blazers are rather impractical most of the year. So I was super excited when I snagged my first chambray blazer from Loft last spring. The thin, lightweight material meant I could wear it throughout the spring and possibly into early summer. (Let's face it, in the thick of summer I'd probably run around naked if I could get away with it, it's that hot.)

So when Brianna announced blazers as this month's Third Thursday Threads theme, I knew exactly what I want to wear - my chambray blazer. I excitedly threw it on, only to discover it's now way too big. A good problem for sure, but annoying when you have your outfit all planned out. And then you have to buy a replacement. I hate buying replacement stuff. I'll buy new, fun things all day long, but I HATE re-buying something I already own! Loft has bought back their chambray blazer this season, but I opted to go with the J. Crew Factory version instead. (Mainly because the JCF blazer is lined and Loft's isn't. I also preferred that the factory version has two buttons vs. Loft's one.) Plus, then it's not like I'm buying the exact thing all over again, right? And if I can find a good alternations person, I might get the sides of the Loft one slimmed since I like its longer length.

I wore these three different looks to work over the past three weeks: chambray blazer with pencil pants, pink jeans, and a pencil skirt, and I'm already looking forward to finding new ways to style it. Suggestions welcome and encouraged. :)

Blazer with Pencil Pants


Since my work environment is very business casual, I really liked how the blazer dressed up this look, but the chambray kept it from being too stuffy and over the top. In retrospect, these pants are a bit too big and look a little sloppy. Another one of those things I need to replace, but have been resisting.

Blazer: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shirt: Loft Outfit (cute patterned alternative)
Pants: The Limited (very similar)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Something Blue (similar)
Watch: Target (exact)
Bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (nearly exact)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative


Blazer with Colored Denim

My take on the Canadian Tuxedo...light pink denim and chambray blazer. :) I love jeans and blazers, but pairing two shades of blue denim is a bit out of my comfort zone, so the pink was a great way to work around that. I might just have to try this look again with a pair of black jeans this fall! Plus, grateful I work at a place where I can wear pink jeans on a random Thursday.

Blazer: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shirt: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Kendra Scott (exact in other stones)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)
 
Blazer with a Pencil Skirt

Probably the most dressed up of the three looks, I really like the chambray with a pencil skirt pairing. I went a bit monochromatic with this look, but I have a garnet pencil skirt that I can't wait to try styling this blazer with and a patterned skirt might be fun too!

Blazer: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shirt: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Skirt: Loft (similar)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)

Out of all three looks, the one with the pink denim ended up being my favorite with the gingham and pencil skirt a close runner up. Definitely looking forward to finding new ways to style this blazer - and possibly revising some of the looks below - before it gets too hot to wear it! Be prepared to see it on major repeat in the days to come.
Three more ways:
one  |  two  |  three

//  Sharing on Work Clothes, I Suppose for Third Thursday Threads.  //

6 comments:

  1. Love all three looks! I've been wearing my chambray blazer quite a bit too, so I'm happy to have some more inspiration for how to wear it.
    You're also making me want those cute bow flats from JCF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these flats, they seem to go with everything. I loved your chambray with a floral top look. Now I wish I had a floral top. :)

      Delete
  2. Love when you show multiple ways to style things! I love seeing how other people remix items in their closets and I can't pick which look I like best out of these six looks :) Obviously this was a great closet addition for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get in as many looks as I could before it gets too hot to wear it. :) I like that it's lightweight enough for spring/early summer.

      Delete
  3. I keep seeing chambray blazers around, and I'm loving them. Seems like a worth-it purchase based on these three great looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite spring closet staples! I'll have to remember to bring it back out this fall once it cools off again. :)

      Delete