Friday, April 15, 2016

$10 at Target: Party Supplies

Thanks to Anne, I just discovered the $10 to Target linkup! I'm at Target at least once (if not twice) a week, so I'm all about any excuse to buy more (fun) stuff.

For my first $10 at Target, I took a toddler free trip (bliss) in search of party supplies. The kiddo's birthday is next month and we're going with a Curious George themed party - the kid's obsessed - and since I have to girlify everything, the color scheme is pink and yellow instead of red and yellow.


My Target finds: 
Pink glitter dip picks: $1
Chalkboard sign pick: $1
Chalkboard marker: $1
Pink straws: $1
Yellow polka dot napkins: $2
(2) packs of pink paper plates: $4

TOTAL: $10 (not including tax)

I'm so happy with all my finds! Our dollar section has so many cute pink things right now - seriously wanted to buy it all - and the party supply section was full of light pink and yellow. Plates, streamers, banners, bunting, cups, straws, tablecloths, balloons...definitely going back for more.

I already have a DIY cake topper in mind for either the glitter dip picks or straws. Inspired, of course, by Target. :)


How cute would it be to have something like this on top of her cake with "A-U-B-R-E-Y" on the bunting? The cake stand was also on sale for $5, and I was this close to picking it up, but decided to wait since we're still debating between cupcakes or cake. If we go with cupcakes, I know I can still use the straws with the drinks and the picks with the snacks, so it's a win either way. I'm also loving the mason jars with straws (in the background). Filled with yellow lemonade and with a pink straw - so cute. I might just end up buying the entire dollar section. :)


If you don't count tax, I'm right at the limit, and if you do...well, I'm only 23 cents over, so that's not bad, right?

The next linkup actually isn't until April 18, but I had so much fun shopping on my lunch break, I wanted to share my finds right away! Plus, the 18th is Make it Work Monday, and I'm excited to share my latest outfit inspiration.

If you happen to find yourself at Target this weekend, I hope you join in the linkup so I can see your finds and more than likely shop your posts! Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE the spin of pink and yellow instead of red and yellow for a Curious George party. Your finds are perfect! Thanks for spreading the love about the link up and thanks in advance for linking up!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I loved this linkup, so fun, and I love any excuse to go to Target. :)

      Delete
  2. Good finds!! I heart the Target dollar spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finds, I love the dollar/$3 bins and could buy it all.
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too. I ended up going back and snagging the cake plate. It was just too good of a deal to pass up!

      Delete
  4. SO fun, right? Even if you're shopping for the kiddo, it's fun to have the excuse to wander around a bit by yourself and pick out cute things. Cannot wait to see this birthday party, based on what you've found so far - a topper with those little clips would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this birthday will be fun too. It's fun seeing them grow, and she'll be a lot more aware of what's going on this time around. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Dara! I love any excuse to give Target my $$. :)

      Delete
  6. Sooo many great birthday things! love them! and when in doubt cake and cupcakes =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, you got so many great things! I LOVE the dip picks! And that bunting!!! I've been dying to find something like that. It would be so cute if it said her name instead of baby! Maybe try Etsy?
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I'm using that picture as inspiration and plan on making my own with the straws I picked up and spelling out her name. :)

      Delete
  8. Great finds! I can ALWAYS spend $10 at the dollar spot. Always. They just have the cutest stuff!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. It's like Target crack or something. Gets me every time.

      Delete
  9. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more content...Great job, keep it up. Bunting stand

    ReplyDelete