- Love all the "oversized" looks on Brianna's Third Thursday Threads linkup!
- I've been thinking about fashion trends I just can't get on board with (and contemplating doing a "I Literally Just Can't" post.. ) and lo and behold Merrick's kind of beaten me to it with Trends to Ditch. So on point.
- I would never had thought to pair lilac and rust, but Tara makes it look so lovely together!
On Teal and Polka Dots:
- On the blog: A little bit about weight-loss and feeling good about yourself at any size.
- On Instagram: Green plaid and Hunter rainboots for St. Patrick's Day and the most beautiful dinner view.
- On Pinterest: A sneak peek for what I'm using as pinspriation for tomorrow's Make it Work Monday!
- 30% off spring sales styles at J. Crew with code SPRINGSALE
- This lovely, lady-like lace dress (with sleeves!) would be perfect for Easter Sunday.
- Oh how I wish it stayed cooler longer in Florida so I could justify getting this navy stripe scarf!
- Still insanely expensive, but I'm kind of obsessed with these feather, bejeweled heels.
- 50% of dresses, cardigans and skirts at The Limited (no code required)
- This navy stripe tee dress with a color block hem is weekend-ready with sandals, or could be dressed up for work with wedges and a pretty statement necklace.
- Love the soft spring colors in this floral pencil skirt.
- This gorgeous magenta knit maxi dress with sleeves and a shirred waist would be so figure flattering!
- 50% off clearance at American Eagle (no code required)
- What I'm reading: I just finished If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins, and it was so, so good. By far one of the best books I've read in a long time. It's a lovely story about the relationship between two sisters and a funny, poignant look at marriage and family. I stayed up until almost 2 a.m. to finish it and immediately went in search of her other books, but was so disappointed to learn that the rest are straight romance. Apparently "If You Only Knew" is her transition from romance to women's fiction, so I guess I'll just have to anxiously await her next book.
- What I'm watching: Not as much these days since our cable finally cut off after canceling it almost a year ago. Thank goodness for Netflix!
- What I'm crushing on: Once it starts to warm up I get the itch to do something fabulous with our little postage stamp-sized backyard, and this year is no exception. I'd love a pair of these gorgeous navy Adirondack chairs under this nautical stripe umbrella on our brick patio. And maybe some fun string lights (this is kind of what I envision, it's a very similar space to what I'm working with). All the backyard dreams that never come to fruition...
- What I'm looking forward to: Easter! I got the most ridiculously cute glittery eggs to take for little bit's Easter egg hunt at daycare (buy one, get one 50% off) and I love the pretty stripe dress I found for her to wear Easter Sunday.
- Coming up on the blog: Monday is the Make it Work Monday and the return of the linkup!! (Simply share an outfit inspired by Pinterest, blogger, or other muse.) I also have a post in the works about my survival plan for the summer (which has unfortunately made a very early appearance in north-Florida).