Thursday, March 17, 2016

Third Thursday Threads: Oversized

The oversized trend looks so good on other people, but I think it just looks off on me. As a curvier girl, I prefer my clothes to be a bit more structured. So, when Brianna announced "oversized" as the theme for this month's Third Thursday Threads, I was momentarily stumped on what to wear, but thankfully remembered this fun tunic with big, oversized polka dots. I've worn it a few times on the blog with some type of color - yellow sweater, red pants or olive green jacket - and wanted to try a more neutral look, which I shamelessly adapted from Fran. She totally wore it better, it's adorable on her but I feel all kinds of blah in these photos. A long night up with kiddo didn't help. Under eye bags and pasty faces need bright pops of color for distraction. :)


Pants: The Limited (exact)
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shoes: Madwell (exact in limited sizes)
Necklace: Loft (fun alternative)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelet: Moorea Seal (similar)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)



Polka dot tunic: one  |  two  |  three  |  four

After wearing this top a few different ways, I think the trick to make it work for my frame is to either have it partially tucked in with pants (look three) or a full tuck with a skirt (look two). Still fun and oversized, but not shapeless. This whole getting dressed thing it's definitely a learning process...


Shop the look:



//  Sharing on Work Clothes I Suppose for Third Thursday Threads .  //

2 comments:

  1. That tunic is so adorable and versatile!!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always a little unsure how to wear it, so I just keep trying it in different ways to see which way I like best. :)

      Delete