Wednesday, March 30, 2016

On Wednesday We Wear Pink


After a few weeks of hot, humid days, Florida decided to surprise us with cool temps and rain just in time for Easter. But, hey, I'm not complaining, it was one last chance to wear a few light sweaters and scarves before packing them away for winter.

Sadly (for me at least) spring summer is back in full-force, but I have a game plan (see original post here) for how I plan to survive the next seven months (somewhat) stylishly. I really think I might just live in the wrong place, I relished our few cool days, but everyone else complained about the weather and wanted it to be warm again. Maybe I should become a like one of our many snowbirds - Michigan in the summer, Florida in the winter - sounds about perfect to me. :)

So I bid adieu to my beloved sweaters and scarves, I'll longingly remember you in the months to come. Especially this lovely soft pink one, whose color really is perfect for spring, if only the temperature would cooperate!

 Sweater: J. Crew (exact in other colors)
Pants: The Limited (exact)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Scarf: Charming Charlie (gorgeous alternative)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)
Ring: Loft (similar)

Random side note: I finally managed a fishtail braid that looks halfway decent, so I had to share a closeup. :) Messy, but not too much, a nice tight braid, but still has fullness, no frizz - it's probably the one and only time I'll get it to look so nice. My husband has the most glorious, insanely thick almost black hair without and single grey hair (and the man's 41!). I had high hopes that our kiddo would get his hair, but sadly it's looking like she got my mess, so I better learn how to master braids and such so I can use my skills on her hair - if I can get her to sit still long enough to do anything with it. Getting a toddler to sit still is like finding a unicorn in a forest - impossible. :)


//  I'm sharing on The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //

Shop the post:

No comments:

Post a Comment