Monday, March 14, 2016

Dressy Casual

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. After being super busy at work last week, and with a toddler that was feeling a bit under the weather, we had a super chill weekend at home. It was lovely. Husband had a side work job, so it was lots of movies and smuggle time with little bit.

Random thought: am I the only one who's mystified by "dressy casual?" Do I wear a dress, or can I get away with jeans? In my mind, this outfit is that perfect mix - dark jeans with no distressing and a cute blazer and a pair of girly flats. According to Emily Post, dressy casual is a "dress, skirt and dressy top, dressy pants outfit or nice jeans and dressy top." Dressy casual mystery solved. :)

I loved the idea of this blazer and jeans, so I went to Pinterest for a little inspiration. I wore this on a business-casual Friday, but wanted to show this look today since next Monday is Make it Work Monday and the return of the linkup! Rules are simple: just linkup an outfit inspired by Pinterest, blogger or other muse. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!



Aqua blazer pinspiration: one  |  two  |  three

Can I say I'm just OBSESSED with the green denim and aqua blazer combo, though I know it's not a look I can pull off. I'll just love it vicariously. 

Blazer: Banana Republic Outlet (3/4 sleeve option, eyelet option)
Shirt: Loft (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (similar)
Flats: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive similar)
Watch: Fossil (similar)
Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl, nearly exact aqua)

It's already super warm in Florida, so this will probably be the (almost) first (see a sneak peek of it in my Nashville wardrobe mini wrap-up) and last time you'll see this blazer on the blog for awhile. Sadness. While it's a gorgeous spring color, it's wool, so not exactly the coolest thing to wear when it's a million degrees outside.  



Shop the post:

2 comments:

  1. I love the fun detailing of your white blouse - it looks so pretty against the mint blazer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's one of those tops I've had forever, but still love. :)

      Delete