Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Currently


Currently I am...

wishing: I could get a full-night's sleep. Little bit's teething again and not sleeping, which means momma and dadda aren't sleeping either. Good thing she's so cute, (especially in this sweet newborn photo) she's worth a little sleep deprivation. :) 

craving: macrons. I had them for the first time in Nashville last month and they were so delicious! Now I get what all the fuss is about. I kind of what to try to make some, but they seem a bit fussy, and I'm not a baking genus. Has anyone tried to make them? Suggested recipes?

going: to Target.on.repeat. I think we end up at Target at least two times a week. In fact, we just went there last night and I'm sure we'll be there again this weekend. 

wearing: these pretty Bourbon and Boweties bracelets. They make for such a fun arm party! 

learning: to make Paula Deen's Not Yo' Momma's Banana Pudding. You guys, I made this for the first time last weekend and it.was.amazing. I halfed the recipe and we inhaled it in about three days, which was about the max shelf-life of the bananas. Tips on how to keep bananas in pudding fresh longer? 

I'm linking up with Anne and Jenna for March Currently. Each month features a series of prompts that can be interpreting any way you wish. What are you up to currently? Let me know in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. You have the cutest blog!!!!

    I think we're allll craving some extra sleep right now!!! You, Jenna, and I have mentioned it so far! :)

    My sister heard about macrons on a recent trip she took (somehow she never knew about them?!?!?) and has been saying that we need to make them together ever since! I've always been super intimidated, but I'm up for it if she is! If you find a recipe that's doable, let me know. :) As for banana pudding...It's my FAVORITE!!!! I make big batches of it for summer cookouts and people LOVE it. :) I got my recipe from an old cookbook and I only make it the evening before I plan to serve it. I think the secret to this one is eating it before the bananas have a chance to turn. A friend of mine (she is in her 90's) had two secrets for keeping fruits and potatoes from browning: lemon juice and or Fruit Fresh. You could try either of those!


    Those bracelets are cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about making just enough banana pudding to eat in a day or two. I'm so glad I halfed the recipe, or we never would have finished it before it went bad! I'll let you know if I ever attempt macrons, they might be something better left to the professionals. :) Hope you were able to get a little sleep this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation on the Banana Pudding, which is a family fav with us. And yes! I totally agree about Target. I was there last night, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Target is usually a bi-weekly occurrence for us, sometimes more if daycare runs out of diapers!

      Delete
  3. My sister makes that exact recipe for banana pudding for my dad's birthday every year--so good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband's cousin made it for Christmas this year and I was hooked! It's got to be the additional of cream cheese and whipped cream...yum!

      Delete
  4. Oh that makes me feel better about how often I end up at Target :) Love your little cutie's pigtails, and I hope she's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's feeling a lot better! Her baby hair is getting so long and flops in her eyes, so most days its pigtails or pulled half back. :) I'm resisting cutting in bangs, I know eventually it'll all grow out and behave!

      Delete
  5. Oh, banana pudding is one of my favorite desserts even though I don't eat it but maybe once a year. It's such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is obsessed with banana pudding and begged me to make it. Of course, he didn't have to twist my arm very hard, it really is delicious!

      Delete