Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Bumblebee

I'm convinced that I look a bit like a bumblebee in this outfit. All that yellow and black...but at least it's not yellow with black stripes, right? I tend to think of mustard yellow as a fall color, but decided to rock it anyway in (almost) spring. I'm such a sucker for a bright punch of color with black and white, and ya'll know polka dots are my fav.

I'm trying to be good and not go crazy buying stuff this month (though I have made a few purchases), but Loft is majorly tempting me with all their cute polka dot tops. I'm obsessed with this plaid dot utility top, crushing on this red spotting blouse and love this navy polka dot cardigan (on sale!). You're killing me Loft. I want all the pretty polka dotted things.

Cardigan: Loft (nearly exact)
Shirt: Loft (WANT this alternative)
Skirt: Loft (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (exact in plum wine, similar)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative)
Bracelet: Bourbon and Boweties (exact)
Watch: Fossil (similar)

Random side note, I need to find a good go-to lazy hairstyle. I've attempted the fishtail braid a couple of times, but my hair is super fine, so unless I braid it semi-wet and tight, it just flies out all over the place. So, as you can see, I have one sad, thin little braid. :( Oh how I envy girls with thick hair and texture! It doesn't help that months ago I went to a hairdresser that fried the crap out of my scalp and as a result, I've suffered some hair loss. It's coming back, but ugh, grow out is no fun! Don't worry, I didn't go back to her, and while my sister is still my fav when it comes to hair, I've found someone locally who treats my head a lot kinder! Other than prenatals and biotin, does anyone have suggestions on how to thicken up your hair? I'll take all the help I can get!


Shop the post: 



 // Linking up with the Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. //

6 comments:

  1. I don't live anywhere close to a Loft anymore, so I've been doing pretty well at avoiding their temptations, but you might have just killed that :) And I struggle with the yellow/black combo feeling bumblebee-like too, but I think the combo totally works in this outfit, since the cardigan is more of a mustard color, and because the dot pattern is way less bumblebee than stripes. This is such a fun work look - love the oversized dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a lot of clothing stores options where I'm at, so the Loft gets a lot of my business. :) Thank goodness they have such cute stuff! Apparently all the stores here think that everyone in Florida lives in cutoffs and flip flops, so it's a challenge to find work clothes (unless you shop online).

      Delete
  2. Cute! I think of mustard as a fall color too, but I love it so much that I tend to wear it year round 😀
    Biotin is good for strengthening hair and nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biotin is great! I'm thinking it might be time for a hair cut as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit! I love the pop of mustard! :)
    Unique Geek

    ReplyDelete