Sunday, February 21, 2016

Thoughts and Whatnots 2.21.16

Gray flannel blazer:  one  |  two  |  three
 
Blog Love:

On Teal and Polka Dots:
  • On the blog: Wearing polka dot pants for Make it Work Monday.
  • On Instagram: The Opryland Hotel has the pretties details. Definitely want to plan a trip back to Nashville!
  • On Twitter: Our new floors!!!! Only have our two bedrooms left to do (a project for another weekend...) I'm contemplating buying a some more boards so we can do the third bedroom/junk room/catch-all. That way everything but the bathrooms and kitchen will be the same. Bye-bye carpet! I won't miss you one bit.

Favorite Sales:

Randoms:
  • What I'm reading: I just picked up Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner. I've only managed to read one chapter, but so far, so good...
  • What I'm watching: Right now the Color Crew on Netflix. Hey, sometimes you do what you go to do to entertain the kiddo while doing laundry, or writing a quick blog post!
  • What I'm crushing on: Our living rooms floors are *almost* done! All that's left is to install some quarter round and finish the thresholds in the hallway. I LOVE, LOVE how they turned out! However, now I realize how crummy the linoleum floors look, so that and painting the hallway might be the next two projects. I'm completely obsessed with the idea of using this pretty gray and white patterned title in our entryway and bathrooms. It looks so 20s old-Florida and I think it would add such a fun pop of unexpected detail to our home. Just look at how pretty it is in this bathroom! The husband's not convinced, but I got him to agree to at least see how I looked laid out in the entryway. :)
  • What I'm looking forward to: Not being sick. Ugh, I got a cold in Nashville that turned into bronchitis and I'm still battling with it a week later.
  • Coming up on the blog: As soon as Fran announces the linkup date, my budget post is going up at some point this week. I haven't been very good about keeping track this month, so I have a feeling I'm going to have some 'plaining to do...

2 comments:

  1. That Loft maxi dress is gorgeous! I have a black one on my wish list, and as long as that front V isn't too low, this might be the one. I'm gonna have to put it on my "stalk" list to see if it drops in price, haha. Tell me I'm not the only one who does that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a problem with v-necks being too low as well. I'm hoping this one from Loft isn't too low, because I might have to try it the next time it goes on sale! You're definitely not the only one who waits for a price drop, I never buy anything full-price from the Loft, it's eventually going to go on sale!

      Delete