Thursday, February 18, 2016

Third Thursday Threads: Blushing Beauty


I've been majorly into blush lately. So much so, that it was the inspiration for my Nashville conference packing list.  So I was thrilled when Brianna from Work Clothes, I Suppose announced "Blushing Beauty" as the theme for Third Thursday Threads. My original plan for today's post was to show the outfits from my trip, but it rained every.single.day and I got a cold the second day of the trip, so I didn't take all great outfit photos I had planned. Thankfully I had this outfit from a few weeks back to show you. I did take a few mirror selfies from the trip, so they're at the end of the post. I apologize for the lack of quality!

Top: Loft (cute alternative)
Cardigan: Old Navy (similar)
Pants: The Limited (exact)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Gift (save, splurge)
Clutch: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Bracelet: Kendra Scott (similar)

Nashville Work Conference Outfits Realized:
Day 1
Outfit 1: car ride attire  |  Outfit 2: vendor meet & greet event  |  Outfit 3: bundling up for the shuttle ride to the conference

Day 2 & 3
Outfit 4: conference sessions day 2  |  Outfit 5: event at the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum  |  Outfit 6: conference sessions day 3

 Day 3 & 4
Outfit 7: conference sessions day 3  |  Outfit 8: dinner with coworkers  |  Outfit 9: coat with tote

I definitely deviated from my original packing list, mostly with my outfit for the first day of travel - sadly the gray, lace sweater did not work out for me, so I switched to a gray stripe cardigan and black and whites stripe top that still fit with the original theme. I also ditched my original outfit for the Musicians Hall of Fame...when your husband buys you the most gorgeous aqua blazer for Valentine's Day, you rework everything so you can wear it. :) Since I got a cold as soon as we got to the conference, I toned down a lot of the looks and went for straight comfort - no more heels, easy layers and jeans as much as I could get away with it. In retrospect, I might have over-packed a little bit, I ended up with a shirt I never had a chance to wear. Things to remember for next time. :)

// Sharing on A Pocketful of Polka Dots for Fabulous Friday! //

13 comments:

  1. I have never done the blush + beige look, but I love it so much on you! And I think I *almost* have enough blush to have it work for a packing primary color. SOON, I hope! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I get fixated on one color or two and then buy EVEYTHING in those colors. I've been obsessed with blush and aqua/mint lately. Must be jonesing for spring!

      Delete
  2. Blush is so pretty on you! I love seeing how you remixed these pieces on your trip - always handy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Nicole! It's definitely been one of my favorite colors lately. :)

      Delete
  3. Great outfits! Will you be sharing with us where the gorgeous aqua blazer came from? Your hubby did good! Every time I see those black pants, I want a pair. I wish they were carried in the stores so I could try them on. I have a hard time finding pants so ordering them always makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Banana Republic Outlet. :) We went out last Saturday for Valentine's Day and found it. I loved it so much, hubs got it for me as a Valentine's gift. He's the sweetest.

      I love these Linited pants too (guess that's obvious since I wear them so much :)) but I recently ordered the exact same kind and size in gray and they fit completely differently! Like mom pants - big at the ankle, high-waisted with a saggy butt. I was so disappointed. I don't know if they've changed the cut, or it had something to do with them being a different color or what. I need to get a back up black pair, so I'm hoping the gray ones were just a fluke!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying about the blazer--it's just great! Maybe there's a trip to my nearby outlet mall this weekend??:). Very strange about the pants you ordered but I've had that happen with other brands. One color is great, another fits terribly. Yet another reason why I am reluctant to order pants on-line.

      Delete
  4. Those pastel colours are so lovely together, what a nice outfit!

    I love that pink scarf you wore on your work trip too - what a nice cosy and pretty accessory :)

    Sorry to hear you got sick - hope you're feeling better!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there... Sadly my cold turned into bronchitis, but it's nothing a little antibiotics can't fix! I love my new scarf, it's big and cozy without being too bulky!

      Delete
  5. I love how cohesive your trip looked. Such an easy way to pack that looks super put-together, but also cute and a little different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so bad about over packing, coming up with stuff that can be mixed and matched definitely helps keep me from throwing EVERYTHING into my bag!

      Delete
  6. Love this lovely blush layering! And your trip outfits turned out FAB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! It was nice not to have to think about what to wear for a couple of days. :)

      Delete