Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Nothing But Blue Skies Do I See


I wore this outfit on a day that promised rain, but then we didn't get a single drop. I know a lot of people wear their wellies in dry weather, but I always feel a bit silly in them if it isn't raining. For those of you who have rain boots, do you wear them on a bright, sunny day? Am I being ridiculous?

On the plus side, it makes taking pictures a heck of a lot easier. I should have packed these babies for Nashville because it rained the entire time I was here! It was still a good conference, but I definitely want to go back and really explore the city. The parts I did see were fantastic, the Opryland Hotel is so beautiful and going to the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum after hours was a lot of fun. The live music, vintage radio collection, hors d'oeuvres and drinking a concoction called a Tennessee Mule were just some of the highlights.

Sorry this is a short post. I'm typing this in my hotel room while hacking my head off from a cold, so I'm going to load up on the NyQuil and head off to la-la land!

Tank: Gap (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (similar)
Wellies: Hunter (exact)
Earrings: Kate Spade (exact)
Watch: Target (save, splurge)
Bracelet: Moorea Seal (similar)

// Sharing on What I Wore  //


6 comments:

  1. Oh Erin you look lovely when you've got your Wellies on not ridiculous at all. I love my Wellies and wear them in all weathers and love the attention I get when I wear my pink Wellies with black Tights in town and the Girls in the office always give a cheer when I arrive at work wearing my shiny black Wellies and Tights on a sunny day.
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Pink Wellies sound like fun. I wish there were more color options for the adjustable back!

      Delete
  2. At one time a Girl wouldn't be seen dead wearing a pair of Wellingtons even in stormy weather but since Kate Moss was spotted wearing Hunter Wellingtons with Hotpants at Glastonbury a few years ago they have become very popular and Hunter now make Wellingtons in many funky colors and styles and a pair of Hunter Wellingtons are an essential item in any fashion conscious Girl's wardrobe and needless to say I often go out wearing my Wellingtons in sunny weather.
    I have a blog devoted to showing how good Wellingtons look on the legs of a pretty Girl wearing a smart outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, lots of people wear them in sunny weather and I've seen people wear them in the snow as well, of course no snow in Florida, so I won't be wearing them in winter weather anytime soon. :)

      Delete
  3. I think hunter boots are cute always, so you've got my vote. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little horrified at the price tag, but now that I have them, I love them! Is it bad that I want them in another color, so I can wear them with black? I just can't get down with the black with navy trend.

      Delete