Friday, February 26, 2016

Friyay

It's Friday and I couldn't be more excited, well, maybe I could if I had today off, but either way still stroked about it. For whatever reason this has been a particularly long week, probably because last week I went to Nashville for a few days then took the rest of the week off to lay our floors. So my normal routine got all messed up.

The floors are mostly done, though we still need to install the quarter round. Below is a sneak peek of them...I'm so happy with how they turned out! The living room and hallway are done, but we still plan to do the two bedrooms - and I'm trying to convince the husband to spring for more wood to do the third bedroom (aka the junk room) - though the mere idea of cleaning and hauling everything out makes me want to cry. We have seven years of stuff crammed into our little house - don't let the photo below deceive you, we just hadn't put everything back yet, and the floors are normally carpeted with a layer of toys!

A photo posted by Erin Chaffin (@erinochaffin) on




Not planned, but my shoes and accessories match my living room walls! I mean, I totally meant to do that...but seriously, how fun are these aqua flats from J. Crew Factory? I love how wearing little pops of color can make an otherwise plain outfit more interesting. Also, it was really, really windy when I took these photos, so forgive the crazy hair and closed eyes. :)

Sweater: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Pants: The Limited (exact)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Bracelets: Bourbon and Boweties (exact pearl, similar green
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Necklace: Baublebar (similar)
Earrings: Reeds (exact, inexpensive alternative
Ring: Charming Charlie (cute alternative)




Shop the Look:

//  Sharing on A Pocketful of Polka Dots for Fabulous Friday!  //

6 comments:

  1. Super cute outfit! Love the Color of your shoes! Also the new floors look great.
    -
    stethoscopesscrubsandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! I'm really happy with how they turned out. I'm fortunate my husband is good at these kind of DIY projects, I always get sick of them halfway through. They're probably only be halfway done if I had been in charge of them. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the polka dot sweater! And the shoes are too cute! Happy weekend!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I'm kind of a walking J. Crew Factory ad in this post, but they've had the cutest stuff lately, it's been good for my closet, but bad for my pocketbook!

      Delete
  3. Adorable sweater - the little grey dots are so cute! Your new floors looks great - such a great color and I really like the wider planks. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to linkup. I'm trying to be more consistent about posting on Fridays so I can continue to join up!

      Delete