Monday, February 29, 2016

February Budget


February Budget: $248.81
Quarter budget $600 - $232.44 in January - $248.81 in February = $118.75 left for March

I made the mistake of not keeping track of my spending this month, thinking it wasn't that bad, but when I tallied it all up, I definitely spent more than I had intended. However, I'm really happy with my purchases this month, and thankfully had some gift cards to offset the cost. So, without further ado, here's a quick breakdown of what I got this month:

Loft vintage broken-in tee (see how I wore it here)
Loft really does make a nice, figure-flattering tee. I got this in an XL and find it runs true to size. It's soft, and I like that it looks nice paired with a cardigan now and will look good with a pair of shorts this summer.

Loft abstract infinity scarf (see how I wore it here)
This was definitely an impulse purchase. I popped into Loft while running baby-free errands and this scarf matched my outfit so well, I just had to have it. I love the polka dot and stripe print and the thicker knit will be nice this fall. It's already spring in Florida, so sadly this scarf is going to be sitting in the closet collecting dust for awhile, but it was fun to wear the few cool days we had this month.

J. Crew Factory chambray 
I've been wanting a replacement for my Loft chambray that just doesn't fit quite right. I like the slightly darker wash of this this shirt and that it buttons without gapping. The fabric's a little stiff, but I'm hoping it will soften with a few washes. For reference, I got this in an XL.

J. Crew Factory emery flats (see how I wore them here)
I love these shoes! They're a great neutral and the bow adds a little something special. I've worn them a ton since getting them, though they haven't made it on the blog yet, but I'm sure you'll be seeing them a lot in the future! I got these in a 9 and they run a little big, so I put heel pads to tighten them up a bit.

J. Crew Factory amelia flats (see how I wore them here)
J. Crew Factory has been killing it in the shoe department lately! These mint suede flats are so fun and I love that they add a little something different to my wardrobe. I got these in an 8.5 and am still in the process of stretching them out. I'm hoping the hairdryer trick will work on the toe box area, does anyone else have a problem with pointed-toe flats pinching your toes? The 9s were HUGE, so I'm really hoping I can make the 8.5s work.

Baublebar north star brooches (see how I wore them here)
After watching Age of Adaline and seeing how prettily Lisa's styles her brooches, I decided to order this set to add to my collection. They're really pretty in real-life and have a nice weight to them and a ton of sparkle.

Ann Taylor blanket scarf (see how I wore it here and styled it here)
I got this scarf after seeing how Fran used it to tie an oversized scarf. It more than lives up to her review, it's a lovely scarf, ties up nicely, is super soft and isn't too bulky. It was PERFECT in Nashville and I'm kind of sad I'm not going to get to wear it again until fall/winter. If it's still cold where you're at, I highly recommend it!

Ann Taylor silky striped blouse
Since I've lost a little weight, I've needed a few shirt replacements, so I ordered this shirt to try along with the blanket scarf. I got it in a L and found it to be true to size. It's slightly sheer, so a tank is a must, but I think it'll work well this spring/summer with a pencil skirt or dress pants for work and will cute on the weekends with jeans or shorts.

Banana Republic sloan dot pants (see how I wore them here)
I've been on a quest for decent work pants and ordered these while they were on sale for $35. Overall, I'm really pleased with them. They're a nice, thick weave and the polka dot print is fun. For reference, I got these in a 16R and found them to be a little long, but the material is thick enough to do an inverted cuff, though I suppose one of these days I could get them hemmed.

Boden cotton darby scarf (see a preview of it here)
I love scarves, but it doesn't stay cool enough in Florida to wear them for long. I really like that this scarf is a thin knit and will hopefully transition well into the spring. Any excuse to wear my beloved scarves!

Loft Outlet mint popover (see a preview of it here)
I love the pretty mint color of this shirt, it's nice and lightweight and super comfortable on. I got it in a L.

Loft Outlet garnet floral pencil skirt (see how I wore it here)
$10 for a cute skirt seemed like too good of a deal to pass up, so I snagged it. I got it in a 16 and it fits true to size.

What I got as a gift:


I was fortunate to get a few lovely items this month. My husband got me the prettiest aqua blazer from Banana Republic Oulet while we were window shopping after a pre-Valentine's Day lunch, as well as surprised me with lovely freshwater pearl studs. PinkBlush reached out to me and let me chose an item to review, and I love the floral kimono I got from them. You can see how I wore it with jeans and booties here. The pearl and aqua wire bracelets were a gift to myself, so I decided not to include them in my regular budget.

    That's my haul for February! I'm sharing with Franish and the Budgetting Bloggers. Be sure to check out all their finds!

    10 comments:

    1. The 2 wire bracelets are my favorite. I love how the stones stand out

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I've been wearing them non-stop since I got them. They make a fun arm party without being too obtrusive! Plus, I found them cheaper at a local gift shop then at Nordstrom, so it was nice to to shop local AND get a deal. :)

        Delete
    2. I love the shade of that tee from Loft! I might have to investigate that one myself. The flats you got are super cute and springy too!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Loft really does make a great tee, so figure flattering!

        Delete
    3. This amelia flats are gorgeous! Perfect for spring and now I need a pair. I think J Crew Factory is consistently one of my most shopped stores. Style of J Crew but in a budget friendly way!
      http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I just got into J. Crew Factory this past year, but I love them! Much better price point than J. Crew and lots of cute styles!

        Delete
    4. I love all the pretty colors of your purchases this month--so many are bright and spring-like! I especially love the pink scarf and those minty green flats!
      Shea | www.shealennon.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love scarves, I just wish it stayed cool enough here to wear them more than a month or two!

        Delete
    5. That's actually quite a lot of clothes for $250! Love those mint Amelia flats. They'll be beautiful with spring and summer outfits!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The mint flats are by far one of my favorite purchases this month! My budget problem is that I find lots of good deals that add up to a huge chunk every month. I get sucked into all those good sales...

        Delete