Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Currently


Currently I am...

sending: birthday cards. My grandpa's 90th birthday is this month, and as a special surprise, my aunt is collecting birthday cards filled with special memories. One of my favorites is picking cucumbers and tomatoes with him at his community garden plot as a child. He's a pretty quiet man who lets my grandma do most of the talking, so I have always loved any opportunity to spend time with him one-on-one.

eating: cake. It's been back-to-back birthdays around here, which means lots of celebrating and delicious cake! I have a HUGE sweet tooth, so anytime there's a big piece of cake loaded with frosting, I'm there.

dreaming: of snow. I know, I know, most people are probably yelling at me after reading this, but it's been so warm and humid here. The past two days have been in the 70s...it's too early for spring/summer! This time of year a few years ago we actually got a few snowflakes in Florida, but something tells me I'll have better luck seeing the white stuff in Nashville next weekend. Doubtful, but one can dream.

smelling: candles. I bought this lovely candle from Anthropologie as a Christmas present to myself. That's a thing, right? It's currently in my office far away from inquisitive little toddler fingers. I haven't lit it, but it's strong enough that I can smell just the faintest whiff of citrus and spices. Lovely.

hearting: vintage-modern. I've been really loving the classic style of retro-modern clothing. Brooches, Mary Janes with a vintage twist, flared midi skirts, I just can't get enough. It's timeless and girly, and adding a touch or two to an outfit can give it such a sweet, romantic flare.

I'm linking up with Anne and Jenna for February Currently. Each month features a series of prompts that can be interpreting any way you wish. What are you up to currently? Let me know in the comments below!

12 comments:

  1. haha dreaming of snow huh! brrr girl! but never the less love your blog and glad i came across it in the linkup! hope youll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm a crazy person. I checked out your blog and I love it! I just added you to my reading list. :)

      Delete
  2. I'll trade you, my snow for your 70 degree days! But seriously. You can have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's since cooled back off, but I'll admit, the few days of 70s was nice. It's just months of 100+ and humidity that wears on you.

      Delete
  3. I'm dreaming of snow too, and people think I'm crazy. The thing is when you live in Michigan, you expect snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my grandparents and aunt and uncle live in Michigan, and it's no big deal, just a part of life. Growing up in Tennessee, we got a big snow every few years, so it was more of big deal. :)

      Delete
  4. Now I'm definitely craving some cake! And those are such sweet memories of your grandpa. Mine turns 90 this year, and I'm always going to treasure memories of all the basketball games we went to together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandpa is turning 90 as well! I remember my great-grandparents, so I'm so glad both my grandparents are in good health and will hopefully be around so my daughter can get to know them.

      Delete
  5. What a sweet memory of time spent with your grandfather, and what a great idea to collect cards with memories in them! And I'll trade you snow and icy Philadelphia temps for some humidity and warm weather ;) So glad you posted this in the currently linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure if I had months of snow and ice I'd be over it as well. Trade you some snow for our months of searing heat and humidity? :)

      Delete
  6. Oh that's such a lovely idea to celebrate a big milestone birthday! I'm going to have to remember that for my grandparents. Totally with you on the cake (especially the frosting part), and if you want some snow, come on up to Michigan! I'll give you a tour on snowshoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tour on snowshoes sounds like fun! I'm actually going to be in Michigan this June for my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. Are you anywhere close to Kalamazoo? If so, we should get coffee or something!

      Delete