Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Winter Weather

Winter has finally come to North Florida. The day I wore this dress, the high was 50, which for us is FREEZING. I had to dust my coat off from the back of my closet and wore tights for probably the first time in three years.

Funny story about the tights. I didn't start out wearing them. I had this exact outfit on sans tights and was so cold I made my husband stop at CVS on the way to work so I could pick some up. I put them on in the car, so just picture me with my feet to the ceiling, struggling to pull on tights up the tighs and shimmying about while the other drivers where probably trying to figure out what in the heck I was doing. My husband said at one point a guy in a garbage truck was looking in, so I guess I gave him quite the morning thrill. I'm a crazy person, obviously.

Dress: J. Crew Factory (exact in limited sizes)
Scarf: GAP (cute infinity option)
Boots: Arturo Chiang (exact in limited sizes, lovely alternative)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Earrings: Kate Spade (exact)
Ring: Pandroa (exact)
Coat: Banana Republic (cute option now 60% off!)


// Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //


4 comments:

  1. Ha, putting tights on in a car - I can only imagine! I'd also like to imagine 50s being cold :) I think we got 4 inches of snow this afternoon alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know, my whole definition of cold has changed since living here. I do think the humidity makes it feel colder than it really is...and in the summer it makes it feel A LOT warmer. But, really 50 isn't that cold, my blood has thinned since moving to Florida!

      Delete
  2. cute, i think even cuter with the tights, actually. i like the brown and black combo.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they were worth the extra stop, right? I know my husband thought I was totally crazy. He's a good sport. :)

      Delete