Monday, January 4, 2016

Uber-Prep


For my first look of 2016, I give you the uber-prep.

I think I inadvertently put together every.single.preppy.thing. I own for this outfit. It didn't start out that way. I wanted to wear this fun, plaid vest (that's been way too small for forever) and I thought it would look fun with some polka dots. A long necklace didn't look right, so I went for pearls, then it was supposed to rain, so I added the Hunter Boots before going out the door. Looking back at it in pictures, it's cute, but all kinds of sorts of crazy prepified. Oh, well, it was fun to wear and it definitely looked better in real life than in photos. Don't you hate when that happens? Fabulous outfits should look fabulous in photos.

Blouse: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Skirt: Loft (similar)
Vest: U.S. Polo Assn. via Amazon (J. Crew version on sale!)
Wellies: Hunter (exact)
Purse: Lulu*s (similar)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (very similar with smaller face)
Pearl cuff: Moorea Seal (similar)  |  Square crystal bracelet: Loft (similar)
Pearl ring: Charming Charlie (similar)

4 comments:

  1. Loves the dots and checks together. Fun. And pearls are always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn! I used to be so afraid of pattern mixing, but blogging as definitely taught me how fun it can be. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Erin and as always you look gorgeous, I always like to see you wearing your Wellingtons, were you going to work? I wore my Wellingtons when I went to work today, the sky was heavy and I always get a feeling of reassurance when I've got my Wellingtons on.
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie, I wore this outfit to work before the Christmas holidays, but just got around to posting. Happy New Year to you as well! :)

      Delete