Sunday, January 24, 2016

Thoughts and Whatnots 1.24.16

Garnet pants: one  |  two  |  three

Blog Love:
  • What Nicole Wore has a great post on how to pack light with a packing list and closet staples. I'm going to Nashville for a work conference next month and can't wait to use her tips! This post also has some great outfit flatlays. 
  • My kiddo is just now getting into the joy of coloring, as opposed to the joy of eating crayons, so I'm loving Anne in Residence's post on what to do with your crayon remnants...make colorblock crayons!
  • Speaking of great flatlays, no one does it better than Respect the Shoes - her recent neutral with sparkles lineup has me wanting to breakout the brooches. I used to wear them all the time in college, but kind of forgot about them. Lisa has definitely inspired me to dust them off and wear them again! 

On Teal and Polka Dots:

Favorite Sales:

Personal:
  • What I'm watching: 27 Dresses. Love me some cheesey rom-com goodness.
  • What I'm crushing on: I'm so in love with this antique-style floral mirror from Pier1. It would look perfect over the antique dresser in my closet. It's not available in stores, and sadly $299 + $30 large package surcharge is beyond my budget, but this one from Home Depot is a pretty alternative under $200, World Market has a pretty scalloped wood option for $100 and Walmart has a cute plastic baroque version for only $20.
  • What I'm looking forward to: My parents coming in town today! Now that my dad is retired, they have decided to utilize their beach house and come to visit every five weeks. Looking forward to the extra family time. :) 
  • Coming up on the blog: Tomorrow I'm copying catting one of my favorite bloggers and her super cute riding boots, red sweater and pencil combo and linking up with Anne in Residence for Pin to Present on Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love lady! I love how your first look with the pants ties in that pretty scarf! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having a lot of fun with the Wear What Where style challenge, it definitely inspired the first look!

      Delete
  2. Crayon remnants is such a great idea! Totally need to steal that.
    My mom recently moved from Idaho to Pennsylvania. Which still isn't where I live but now it's only two hours away...so I totally get the importance of parent time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two hours away sounds lovely! My dad and stepmom are eight hours away and my mom's only an hour away. With my mom, it's that weird mix of we live close enough that she wants us to visit every weekend, but far enough away to be annoyed about the drive.

      Delete