Sunday, January 17, 2016

Thoughts and Whatnots 1.17.16

Plaid and pearls: one  |  two  |  three

Blog Love
  • Loving Alissa from The Adored Life's 20 Free Resources for Creatives. Her post has fantastic resources for free fonts, photos and videos as well as Instagram tips and tricks. 
  • My fine hair gets oily so quickly that I usually wash it everyday. I know, I know, it's not good to wash your so often, and thankfully Merrick from Merrick's Art has a great post on How to Make Your Hair Wash Last Longer. She goes 10-14 days, I think I'd be happy with two-three. :)
  • If you're a sucker for blooper posts like I am, you should check out Fran from Franish's blooper reel. Even when being awkward, she's seriously the cutest. 
On Teal and Polka Dots:
Favorite Sales:
Personal:
  • What I'm reading: Nothing at the moment, suggestions for a great read? I just finished up "After You" by Jojo Moyes and it was so good!
  • What I'm watching: I watched "Age of Adaline "last night and now I'm obsessed with Blake Lively's vintage-modern style in the film. 
  • What I'm crushing on: Speaking of "Age of Adeline," I now have a renewed love for midi skirts. Love this tweed midi skirt, bold black and white polka dot and simple navy midi from Modcloth.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Having tomorrow off! The kiddo has a doctor's appointment to check on her tubes in the morning, but after that the day is wide open. :)
  • Coming up on the blog: Tomorrow is Make it Work Monday (no linkup this month) and Thursday I'm linking up my most cherish item with Briana from Work Clothes, I Suppose for Third Thursday Threads.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you with the day off! The university I'm employed by gives students the day off from class but not staff - what?! Have you read any books by Kate Morton? If you like Jojo Moyes you might enjoy hers - I liked her most recent, The Lake House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by Kate Morton, but I just read the synopsis for "The Lake House" and it sounds really good. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, that blooper reel makes me want to save all of my terrible photos for a giant post like that. Darn, why didn't I think of that first? Also, your remixing skills are ON FIRE! Love all three of the outfits up top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE bloopper reels. Anytime I get a particularly ridiculous outfit photo, I save it in a folder for later. I did my own blooper post back in August, so much fun. :) http://tealandpolkadots.blogspot.com/2015/08/bloopers-vol-i.html

      Delete