- I love remix posts, and Aubrey has a great one on how to wear a gingham button up. I'm slightly obsessed with how she styled it with a white midi skirt...so, so cute.
- Speaking of outfit obsession, OBSESSED with Megan's red sweater, black pencil skirt and cognac riding boots outfit. We're having actual cool weather in Florida, but as soon as it warms up a bit, outfit copying is happening. Her boots are especially awesome, and I'm half tempted to get them in black (since I already own a cognac pair), but am afraid that black boots will look too biker-ish. Is that a thing? Tell me I'm being ridiculous and black riding boots do not look like biker boots. :)
- Anne has the best closet inventory post. Her closet is seriously amazing...the built ins, everything beautiful organized, the uncluttered feel...simply lovely. I'm in the process of cleaning out my own closet, and can only hope mine looks half as nice once I'm finished.
On Teal and Polka Dots:
- On the blog: Wearing every.single.preppy.thing in my closet.
- On Instagram: I'm having so much fun doing this month's Wear What Where challenge (see the roundup from October here). I haven't participated everyday, but so far, my favorite look is of the kiddo and I in our puffer vests.
- On Pinterest: Now that it's cooled off a bit, I really want to knit this gorgeous scarf. However, I need to finish my knitted shawl (for me) and bear cowl (for the kiddo) before I add another project to my needles.
- Up to 60% off clearance at Boden
- This pretty aqua dress would be perfect as a guest to a spring wedding.
- Obsessed with this pink floral midi skirt. Perfect for a bridesmaid luncheon or any occasion where you want to look extra pretty and feminine.
- Dots and stripes in one top? LOVE!
- This blue with white dots scarf is seriously cute.
- 40-60% off select styles at Eloquii with code BLANKSLATE
- If you're a size 14 and up, Eloquii has the cutest skirts. My picks are this fun tulle midi, pleated red midi, and black circle ponte skirt.
- This tie waist dress looks like it would be the best throw on and go outfit.
- Love the lace neckline on this dress.
- Extra 60% off sale items at The Limited (no code required)
- Love the fun, square/dotted pattern on this printed wrap dress.
- This open front cardigan looks so cozy and you can tuck in the ends to make it a wrap cardigan!
- Love the clean lines of this grey structured tote.
- Extra 60% off sale items at The Loft (no code required)
- What I'm reading: I just started reading After You by Jojo Moyes. It's the sequel to Me Before You, which so good, but so depressing, so I'm really pulling for a happy ending on this one.
- What I'm listening to: I'm slow on the bandwagon, but I've been listening to Adele's new album non-stop lately.
- What I'm watching: Since it's my husband's birthday week, it's been lots of boy movies the last couple days. Last night we watched Ant Man and Friday we went at saw the new Star Wars in IMAX 3D. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I actually really liked the movie and am looking forward to seeing the next two...seriously, who am I? I hated the last three movies, so it was nice to be pleasantly surprised. :)
- What I'm crushing on: This amazing cable knit throw. I recently picked up this gorgeous coverlet while it was on mega sale at Anthropologie (it's currently out of stock, but has been popping back in and out of stock, so it's worth keeping an eye on) and I'm convinced that a pretty light grey knit throw would look perfect at the end of the bed. Since I love to knit, I want to make it myself, but seriously too bad the suggested yarn is $23 a skein. It's gorgeous, but I don't want to spend $250+ on materials for a throw (and that's with a 25% discount). Yikes! Also on our bedroom makeover list is DIYing this amazing curved bed (thank goodness for a clever husband with a lot of power tools)! We finally found some flooring we liked, so in the coming weeks we'll be ripping out all the carpet in our house (living room, hallway and both bedrooms) and replacing it with flooring that looks very similar to this. So excited about all the changes and upgrades!