Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Stripes and Dots



In the not too distant past, I was completely afraid of pattern mixing. I loved it on other people, but I just didn't think I could carry it off. For those of you who have known me for awhile, this my seem laughable since I'm pattern crazy these days...just look at yesterday's post. I love this shirt from Loft because takes the guess-work out of how to pattern mix, it's done for you with stripes and cute gold polka dots. Sadly, it's sold out online, but it may still be available in store.

Loft has a ton of cute stuff out right now and their 60% off sale is still going strong if you feel like lightening your wallet. I'm trying to be good this year, though I have placed an order for a replacement pair of black jeans and recently bought a new pair of Madewell black flats to replace all my junky cheap black flats.

Overall, I'm liking this outfit, expect the navy pants and jacket might have been a bit too much navy. Next time, I'm thinking a garnet skirt or other color bottom would maybe look better. Thoughts?


Blazer: J. Crew (factory version)
Shirt: Loft (navy dot version)
Pants: The Limited (similar)
Shoes: Madewell (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Ring: Pandora (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)


// Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. //

4 comments:

  1. I really like all the navy. It has a relaxed suit type feel but not too stuffy. That's why I bought the anthro top in December. Patterns came pre-mixed and works so well together. Plus it didn't add an extra layer to make me super hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that phrase "relaxed suit type feel." Perfect way to describe it. :) I feel you, in the south, it's all about cute without extra bulk so you don't sweat to death.

      Delete
  2. I love it - built-in pattern mixing makes things so easy and interesting. Love it with the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I think it'll be fun with jeans or a pencil skirt as well. Looking forward to finding different ways to style it.

      Delete